str1der

Did I get hosed by buying the built in NAV?

Ok I got my FFH last week with the full NAV package. From what I can tell since I have the NAV system I don't get the Sync traffic alerts. Is this true or am I missing something? Why would you lose such a great feature if you have the upgraded system? I know you can pay Sirius for traffic through Travel link but that's not the same thing. Am I SOL?

Can't speak for the nav system in the Fusions, but I frequent other GPS forums, and so far I haven't heard much good about any traffic alerts. usually they alert you to traffic after you've been stuck in it for 10 minutes...

Hosed because you lost your Sync traffic alerts? Or just hosed in general because of the price?

I think the built in NAV is WAYYYYYYYY overpriced by about 50% and myself (although I already own a several year old Garmin) plan to purchase a new Garmin 1690 that does everything the Ford NAV does to include give you lane assist, traffic, weather, gas prices and more, all for under $500. In fact, the price has now dropped to roughly $449 for the 1690 which includes a free two years subscription to NuLink and is only $5 monthly after that. The monthly subscription price is way lower then Fords service cost and savings will add up quickly over time.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=64339

Anyway, I just feel that while the built in NAV is nice it is certainly overpriced, especially when you are first forced to buy the "electronics package" in your Fusion before it allows you to order the NAV. If you didn't really want the electronics BLIS bullchit, then to get the NAV you are forced to spend over $2500 for it to be included.

No thanks FOMOCO, I can change lanes without your BLIS and certainly can navigate for way less then you charge.

Edited by Rodeo

...Anyway, I just feel that while the built in NAV is nice it is certainly overpriced, especially when you are first forced to buy the "electronics package" in your Fusion before it allows you to order the NAV. ...

I disagreehappy%20feet.gif but so what... Personally, I love all this stuff and I am a fan of Garmin. Until I got burned out on it, I was a fan of geocaching and my Garmin 76C was simply incredible.

I disagree maybe because there are certainly more capabilities that the NAV Ford system offers than just navigating via obsolete data tables. Systems monitoring, satellite music, CD/MP3, etc. I've been so let down by the poor navigation abilities of GPS receivers due to obsolete data tables--obsolete due to living in an area that doesn't really know we live in the Great Recession and there are a lot of new roads, removal of old roads, traffic routing modifications. There is a new highway--but only three years new and it still not in any road data table, whether it be from Ford's implimentation of the data, or Mapquest's.

Anyway, my disagreements are only because of the extra good stuff Ford crams in this thing and the poor updates from Navtek or whomever that hurts satellite navigation in general when living in a robust and growing area.

Edited by lrymal