Sign in to follow this  
Deathlok

USB Flash drive will not play music

so it recognizes the usb flash drive, but will not play any music of fit.

What am I doing wrong?

How did you install the music on the drive? I put my music on my computer with Windows Media Player, then sync it to the USB and it works fine.

Also, with some files, I guess there is some copyright thing going on where the car won't play it. Perhaps it's with those files purchased and downloaded online or something, as I never do that, so I never encountered it, except with the music that came as examples on my computer. I think the car gave an error message for this.

I'm sure there are people out there more knowledgable on this, but this is a start. Good luck!

How did you install the music on the drive? I put my music on my computer with Windows Media Player, then sync it to the USB and it works fine.

Also, with some files, I guess there is some copyright thing going on where the car won't play it. Perhaps it's with those files purchased and downloaded online or something, as I never do that, so I never encountered it, except with the music that came as examples on my computer. I think the car gave an error message for this.

I'm sure there are people out there more knowledgable on this, but this is a start. Good luck!

On mine I just dragged the mp3's over to the drive and plugged it in and it worked. I suggest you try another thumb drive as the one you have may not work with the car.

The music on your jump drives, is it ripped off limewire or purchased off iTunes?

I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! :happy feet:

WOohoo.. I installed 3.0 and 3.1 sync updates and now I can play my mp3 tunes off my flash drive@! :headspin: