Sign in to follow this  
Howie411

Nav System Map Updates?

Picked up a brand new 2010 FFH yesterday, the map data seems a bit old, missing roads next to my condo that are at least 2 years old. The dealer told me it was the latest, I called Ford and they told me to call Navteq. Navteq told me to call Ford.

The information the Map displays is:

Application Number: YWSA-LJXF

Map Version 2.0x

Does anyone have a newer map or know if this is the latest? It sucks to buy a 30k car to find out you have 3 year old map data.

Not the same map (I have a Garmin portable GPS), but I just updated about a month ago, and they still didn't get rid of a road on the map that doesn't exist in the real world, which I submitted in their error reporting site over a year ago...

Nor did they add a road that opened around a year ago near my house.

So it seems to be universal, they are way behind the curve. Maybe both companies get their database from the same place.

Not the same map (I have a Garmin portable GPS), but I just updated about a month ago, and they still didn't get rid of a road on the map that doesn't exist in the real world, which I submitted in their error reporting site over a year ago...

Nor did they add a road that opened around a year ago near my house.

So it seems to be universal, they are way behind the curve. Maybe both companies get their database from the same place.

I previously had a Garmin Nuvi Portable before this car, and it has what they called 2009.10 maps and it had all the roads and it came out in January, I'm pretty sure Garmin uses Navteq maps, so I know they exist.

I previously had a Garmin Nuvi Portable before this car, and it has what they called 2009.10 maps and it had all the roads and it came out in January, I'm pretty sure Garmin uses Navteq maps, so I know they exist.

whats really funny is you go into some new subdivions that are maybe 2 or 3 years old and the map shows a blank but yet it gives the name of the road you are on even though it isn't there. I think subdivions are the last to be updated. It isn't the map companies fault as it is my understanding until the government makes or gets the map from whoever it don't show up on our maps.