sobayimage

Secret to FFH Flip-Key cutting

I received my FFH flip-key the other day for $59 with shipping. I tried to get the key cut a Lowes and HomeDepot, one said they didn’t have the right security credentials to cut the key and the other said it wouldn’t fit in their machine properly. In going to the Power Ford dealer in Torrance, where I bought the car, they gave me the line “Our key machine is in for service”, in addition it wasn’t their key. When I took it to a key shop in the next block he quickly unscrewed the key shaft and cut the key. The screws are on each side and are exposed when the shaft is only opened to 45 degrees, not fully open. I gave the shop owner a copy of the programming instructions, that he didn’t have, and in return he said the cutting was free. Sometimes today, the bigger the company the smaller the service.

The programming instructions that came with the key were flawless and the ignition and the door remote worked on the first try.

The secret to cutting the key is to remove the shaft and going to a real key shop. (see photos to locate the 2 screws )

There are many links to Flip Key sites. There is one on eBay just enter "

06 2006 FORD FUSION FLIP KEY REMOTE KEYLESS" and it takes you right there. The Flip Key is $39.95 plus shipping.

post-4466-1256326191_thumb.jpg

post-4466-1256326200_thumb.jpg

My Ford dealer cut the key for free, I programmed it following the instructions.

HOWEVER, make sure the screws are tight! I went for weeks thinking my flip key was defective, or the dealer had damaged it, because the key would sometimes jam instead of flipping open. My son, who has much better vision than I do, pointed out that the screws were not in tight, causing the jam. A minute with my eyeglasses repair screwdriver, and I was back in business!

I received my FFH flip-key the other day for $59 with shipping. I tried to get the key cut a Lowes and HomeDepot, one said they didn’t have the right security credentials to cut the key and the other said it wouldn’t fit in their machine properly. In going to the Power Ford dealer in Torrance, where I bought the car, they gave me the line “Our key machine is in for service”, in addition it wasn’t their key. When I took it to a key shop in the next block he quickly unscrewed the key shaft and cut the key. The screws are on each side and are exposed when the shaft is only opened to 45 degrees, not fully open. I gave the shop owner a copy of the programming instructions, that he didn’t have, and in return he said the cutting was free. Sometimes today, the bigger the company the smaller the service.

The programming instructions that came with the key were flawless and the ignition and the door remote worked on the first try.

The secret to cutting the key is to remove the shaft and going to a real key shop. (see photos to locate the 2 screws )

Where did you order it, do you have a link for the site?

Thanks in advance!

My flip key (same design / model) seems to only have one screw. On the other side, there is just an empty hole. Should there be a screw on both sides?

Yes. Mine came with only 1 screw too but after emailing the seller he quickly sent out a couple more. I tired the local HW store but they didnt have any that small....maybe a eye glass shop?

Yes. Mine came with only 1 screw too but after emailing the seller he quickly sent out a couple more. I tired the local HW store but they didnt have any that small....maybe a eye glass shop?

Thanks, I'll send him an e-mail and see if I can get a replacement screw.

Where did you order it, do you have a link for the site?

Thanks in advance!

There are many links to Flip Key sites. There is one on eBay just enter "

06 2006 FORD FUSION FLIP KEY REMOTE KEYLESS" and it takes you right there. The Flip Key is $39.95 plus shipping.