Sign in to follow this  
talehman

2010 Ford Fusion Navigation Upgrade

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion SE that I decided not to add navigation to when I purchased it. Is it possible to install factory navigation into the car by purchasing the screen, navigation/cd player, etc? If so, does anyone know all of the parts that would be needed?

Thanks in advance!

I prefer having a portable GPS. Take it with you in any car, upgrade and personalize it on your computer, way cheaper map updates, etc. A coworker put a dash GPS-stereo-bluetooth thing in his truck a while back, and he's disappointed with it. It's a compromise, and who made the GPS? You're better off with a well known GPS maker.

I have had both and still got both and on the wife's STS with built in Nav I'd rather use my Garmin but on the FFH with Nav it is a whole completely different ballgame. The quality of the display, the way it works with the sync and all the other features built into it makes it worth while.

Personally I'm glad to pay the premium for built in navi. Portable GPS are magnets for theft. If someone sees a mount or power cable in your car, they are much more likely to break in and look for it. It's also annoying to stash it every time you go somewhere. If you only take it with you when you need it then on that odd occasion you need it when you didn't think you would you are screwed! With factory install, you just forget about it and when you need it you use it.

Yeah skluck, those are definite advantages for the in-dash units, and to be totally fair I barely experienced any stock nav units. It's down to personal choice. I don't leave evidence of my GPS for the thieves, but it is a hastle, just one I'll live with. I'm not motivated enough, but I thought the top of the dash storage door could be rigged with power and made to only open enough for a pop-up portable nav unit in there. Would be neat.

I've done some researching and I just find the look and the functionality of the factory navigation is what I want to go with. Anyone know if it is possible to install after purchase my vehicle without it. It seems it may be the same system in the Ford F150's and I have a buddy that totalled his truck but has the navigation and everything if I'm interested. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the replies to this point!

I've done some researching and I just find the look and the functionality of the factory navigation is what I want to go with. Anyone know if it is possible to install after purchase my vehicle without it. It seems it may be the same system in the Ford F150's and I have a buddy that totalled his truck but has the navigation and everything if I'm interested. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the replies to this point!

I tried doing this in my 2007 and there's no way it's gonna happen. There is a lot more wires going in to the nav units.

Electrically: there is a big difference in the wire harnesses used. It's integrated with heating and cooling, and there's the antenna for the GPS.

Your only option is after market.