Sign in to follow this  
wpm1123

Window Tinting

For those of you who have tinted windows before, I'm curious about how you choose your shop? I've heard places around here say they can do it in about 45 minutes, but others say it will take 3-4 hours and another that said it would take half a day.

I want to do it right. I live in Norfolk VA, but am willing to drive elsewhere to get it done right. I'm also willing to spend the money to do it.

Has anyone done it around this area? How much has everyone typically paid? How long did it take to do your car?

I'm picking my car up from the dealership on Friday and want to get this done sooner than later. Thanks.

I took the recommendations from people on this forum and other places around the net about what to look for in a tint shop and here were some important things I wanted:

-A place that offers more than one type of tint (specifically I wanted a place that offered the metallic stuff)

-A place that knew exactly what I was talking about when mentioning the difficulty tinting the rear window. One shop was kind enough to admit they couldn't do it perfect and the shop I chose basically stopped me in my tracks and went on to explain how they do it and guaranteeing me it would come out nice.

-A place that looked professional.. neat office, clean sitting area, etc.

-Word of mouth (my buddy and his gf both had their cars tinted there after VW told them that is where they send people)

It took about 1.5hrs to tint the car and ran me 370.00 for Winco-30 metallic auto film. Pricey, but I am in south TX and soon will be stationed in Lemoore, CA.... both hot as hell in the summer and I can use all the protection I can get