Sign in to follow this  
muskie

Fusion SE Interior Odor

I have only 3000 miles on my Fusion. I park my car 3 or 4 days outside without driving it. When I get in it there is an odor that is definitely not a new car smell. I can not pinpoint what the smell is but I'm wondering if is a 'soy' smell from some interior parts. I believe soy by-products are used in some interior components. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

I haven't had this problem. My car has 5300 miles on it and it still smells new. Are you sure that no one has spilled something in there and not told you about it?

Yeah, if I spilled something in someone's brand new car, I sure wouldn't say anything! :blush: :glare:

The most common interior odor problem in cars is mildew on the evaporator. If you live in a hot humid climate moisture will condense on your evaporator when you turn off the ac. Take a whiff of the ac with the blower on low and the ac off.

The most common interior odor problem in cars is mildew on the evaporator. If you live in a hot humid climate moisture will condense on your evaporator when you turn off the ac. Take a whiff of the ac with the blower on low and the ac off.

On my cars with automatic temperature control, my AC runs anytime the engine is running. I've never had a mildew odor. Lucky I guess.