Ron P

New Owner ESP question

Just picked up my FFH on Wednesday, and I could use some advice regarding the Extended Service and Maintenance plans. I'd like to buy both, and have gone to the various websites noted on this forum for selling them at large discounts. When I mentioned the competing prices to my dealer to see if he'd care to match them, he said that Ford has had problems with these dealers and their sales practices and that the warranties might not be completely legit. Of course I don't know if this is true or just dealer claims so that he can make the sale. Anyway, he came down to a few hundred dollars more than the websites on each plan. Does anyone have any experience with these discounted dealerships and their plans? Are they totally legit, or are they something Ford is going to somehow mess with and screw up my coverage? Thanks in advance for your help.

When I told my dealer about the price I was offered from buy-ford-warranty they said it was only 100.00 below what they were allowed to sell it for (so extra 100 and it could be finance with the car, otherwise you have to pay it online in full one time). If your dealer told you it was a couple hundred lower than he was offering to what he was willing to go down to, not what he was allowed to go down to. My dealer showed me the ford document with their plans that listed their lowest price they could offer the customer. She said it could have been different online possibly because the restrictions only applied to in store sales... who knows.

I opted for the 7yr/100k/$100 deductible for 1080.00 + same day rental option which was an additional 90(i think)

Just picked up my FFH on Wednesday, and I could use some advice regarding the Extended Service and Maintenance plans. I'd like to buy both, and have gone to the various websites noted on this forum for selling them at large discounts. When I mentioned the competing prices to my dealer to see if he'd care to match them, he said that Ford has had problems with these dealers and their sales practices and that the warranties might not be completely legit. Of course I don't know if this is true or just dealer claims so that he can make the sale. Anyway, he came down to a few hundred dollars more than the websites on each plan. Does anyone have any experience with these discounted dealerships and their plans? Are they totally legit, or are they something Ford is going to somehow mess with and screw up my coverage? Thanks in advance for your help.

I call total B.S. on your dealer. It is Ford ESP. If you buy the Ford ESP and it show in the Oasis system as in effect, then you have it. Buy it from the least expensive place you can find it.

I call total B.S. on your dealer. It is Ford ESP. If you buy the Ford ESP and it show in the Oasis system as in effect, then you have it. Buy it from the least expensive place you can find it.

Thanks for the advice. I cannot find a single site on the internet that describes purchasing non-legit Ford ESP from a dealer. The website will save me quite a bit over the dealer.

Thanks for the advice. I cannot find a single site on the internet that describes purchasing non-legit Ford ESP from a dealer. The website will save me quite a bit over the dealer.

Also, once the warranty is purchased, you can go to your local Ford Dealer and confirm in the Service Department that your have ESP. Or, you can call the Ford ESP Program from the corporate website. They can also confirm your ESP purchase. I did that after I purchased ESP. My warrant is purchased at http://www.ford-warranty-online.com/ from Michael Potts. Any Ford Dealer can sell ESP. So, make your best deal.

Also, once the warranty is purchased, you can go to your local Ford Dealer and confirm in the Service Department that your have ESP. Or, you can call the Ford ESP Program from the corporate website. They can also confirm your ESP purchase. I did that after I purchased ESP. My warrant is purchased at http://www.ford-warranty-online.com/ from Michael Potts. Any Ford Dealer can sell ESP. So, make your best deal.

I also got mine from also confirm your ESP purchase. I did that after I purchased ESP. My warrant is purchased at http://www.ford-warranty-online.com/ which is owned by Michael Potts. He called and talked to me himself. My dealer would no match the price. He said he had to feed his kids, like Mr. Pott's doesn't.

I also got mine from also confirm your ESP purchase. I did that after I purchased ESP. My warrant is purchased at http://www.ford-warranty-online.com/ which is owned by Michael Potts. He called and talked to me himself. My dealer would no match the price. He said he had to feed his kids, like Mr. Pott's doesn't.

I checked with Mr Potts, I believe his dealership is in Indiana... I got mine from http://www.myfordwarranty.com which is a Ford and Honda dealer in Rhoda Island for $100 less than the Indiana dealer. I agree with others here that it's a Ford ESP Warranty, don't buy the BS from the local dealer that says they are "not allowed" to sell an ESP plan for that low of a price -- they are all authorized to sell Ford plans and any price floor limitation that a dealer might set is by their own dealership. I think they count on those who "don't want to deal with it" and just sign on another line during the purchase process and throw another $1,600-2,000 into the financing and not have to hassle with it. But not me, I paid $845 and it was no hassle at all, a simple order online and the verification package came in the mail a week later. So unfortunately for the local dealer, they may say they are "not allowed" to sell at a price that low, which means because they refuse to sell the plan and make $100 profit, the customer goes elsewhere and they make $0 profit on it.

I have been following the ESP discussions with interest and I am too looking for some advice but post purchase. I have already purchased an ESP from the dealer a few weeks ago not knowing about some of the online sites. Now I see I can get a better deal elsewhere. I paid $750 for a 6/60 with $100 deductible. I see I can get the same thing for a couple hundred bucks less. :banghead:

Anyone have any experience with actually canceling their dealer purchase ESP and then buying one from online site? I see a consensus that these other alternatives are absolutely legit and my dealer most likely would not have matched these other offers. I emailed Myfordwarranty and they say its possible but I wanted to know if anyone has actually done this. The one page contract mentions nothing about cancelation.

I apologize if this should have been a new topic since it's not exactly along the same lines as the original thread.

I also got mine from also confirm your ESP purchase. I did that after I purchased ESP. My warrant is purchased at http://www.ford-warranty-online.com/ .

MOST ANNOYING WEBSITE EVER.

First, it has a talking voice you cannot stop without turning off the sound on your computer.

Then, it makes you enter your personal info as if it's going to give you a price quote.

And after you enter your info, it does NOT actually give you a price quote....

I have been following the ESP discussions with interest and I am too looking for some advice but post purchase. I have already purchased an ESP from the dealer a few weeks ago not knowing about some of the online sites. Now I see I can get a better deal elsewhere. I paid $750 for a 6/60 with $100 deductible. I see I can get the same thing for a couple hundred bucks less. :banghead:

Anyone have any experience with actually canceling their dealer purchase ESP and then buying one from online site? I see a consensus that these other alternatives are absolutely legit and my dealer most likely would not have matched these other offers. I emailed Myfordwarranty and they say its possible but I wanted to know if anyone has actually done this. The one page contract mentions nothing about cancelation.

I apologize if this should have been a new topic since it's not exactly along the same lines as the original thread.

Read it or call Ford as I believe you have so many days to cancel it.

Received my warranty from Jeremy (buy-ford-warranty) today in the mail. My dealership wouldn't match his price so they lost out. Like many have said, dealerships who chose not to match the price may do so for lack of profit, but any profit is better than zero profit.

Any online dealers sell the maintenance plans at a good price?

Yes the Rhode Island dealer offers the maintenance plan, at least they did as of July. http://www.myfordwarranty.com

I know I saw them there a few months ago but I've looked now and can't find them. Am I missing something? only option I see is select make/model/year then it goes through the options and offers only the car rental on top of esp. (I also still have to buy my warranty and maybe maintenances within the next 4000 miles)

Yes you can cancel, but there is a fee. My dealer, Phil Long Ford, waiver the cancellation fee due to some unresolved issues. The Finance department sold me the ESP at a highly inflated price and was totally unwilling to match. The Finance manager gave the same BS about the online ESPs not being a Ford ESP. I contacted the dealer offering the ESP and checked out their contract, they will send it to you to check out, and it was the exact same thing I had received from the Finance department at Phil Long Ford. So is was finally resolved with a complete refund and they have a happy customer. The sales department was totally up front and got the issue settled to my complete satisfaction, kudos to Phil Long Ford in Colorado. Did I get my dealers name in the enough, I watch NASCAR! Good Luck. :sos:

It is total BS. I got mine from buy-ford-warranty.com and it is of course alot cheaper.

I went in to a different dealer than I purchased from and made them pull me up on

the computer to make sure I was in there (and I was) with the correct warranty and

terms.

Even had an accessory fixed under the warranty and got first-day rental coverage.

So it's as legit as it gets. The dealers must really hate these guys, but they rake

it in on volume. Go for it.

I know I saw them there a few months ago but I've looked now and can't find them. Am I missing something? only option I see is select make/model/year then it goes through the options and offers only the car rental on top of esp. (I also still have to buy my warranty and maybe maintenances within the next 4000 miles)

Send them an email and they will likely reply the same day. When I was shopping online I sent them a note asking if their advertised warranty covered FFH or non-hybrid ... they replied a few hours later and confirmed that it covered both -- so if you pose your question to them, they will probably also reply quickly.

Yes you can cancel, but there is a fee. My dealer, Phil Long Ford, waiver the cancellation fee due to some unresolved issues. The Finance department sold me the ESP at a highly inflated price and was totally unwilling to match. The Finance manager gave the same BS about the online ESPs not being a Ford ESP. I contacted the dealer offering the ESP and checked out their contract, they will send it to you to check out, and it was the exact same thing I had received from the Finance department at Phil Long Ford. So is was finally resolved with a complete refund and they have a happy customer. The sales department was totally up front and got the issue settled to my complete satisfaction, kudos to Phil Long Ford in Colorado. Did I get my dealers name in the enough, I watch NASCAR! Good Luck. :sos:

Thanks for the input!!