Sign in to follow this  
markwilson66

Reverse / Backup Camera delay

Is there any way to bypass the "Powered by Sony" add the displays every time I start the car? Almost always, the first thing I do is throw it in reverse and back out of the garage/driveway/parking spot... By the time the camera actually comes on I am done reversing and ready to put it into drive to go forward. I don't have the patience to sit there and wait for the camera to come on before I start moving. Any suggestions?

Is there any way to bypass the "Powered by Sony" add the displays every time I start the car? Almost always, the first thing I do is throw it in reverse and back out of the garage/driveway/parking spot... By the time the camera actually comes on I am done reversing and ready to put it into drive to go forward. I don't have the patience to sit there and wait for the camera to come on before I start moving. Any suggestions?

By the time I get my seatbelt on the the startup screens have finished. You guys must be fast.

It also "seems" to take longer when it is cold out. I just assumed it was waiting for the HDD to spin up. Maybe the sucker even has to boot from the HDD.

I, too, use the time to buckle up, etc. Very first thing I do, in anticipation of the delay, is "start" the car.

I get that complaint on occasion! :finger:

Mine on my mirror comes on instantly when I shift to R.

I agree. So far, my only annoyances with this car are:

1. No homelink.

2. It takes a good five or so second after start-up before you can engage the backup cam. I don't mind the "powered by Sony" - just let the backup cam interupt!

3. You have to say "Phone", "USB", "Navigation" etc. before the group-specific commands.

At least the last two can be fixed with a software upgrade. I wonder if that will actually happen?

I have gotten in to the habit of getting in the car, putting the key in and turning to acc while I put my seat belt on, then turning the car on once I am ready to go. Acc will let the system boot up (which is pretty quick in comparison to most aftermarket systems I have seen. My buddies takes 15sec or more to boot up each time)

Overall I am VERY happy with the nav system and have had many compliments from passengers ranging from the styling of the nav system to the usability. From a person who used to run a stand alone GPS for years, I dont think I will ever get a car without the nav built in.

I have gotten in to the habit of getting in the car, putting the key in and turning to acc while I put my seat belt on, then turning the car on once I am ready to go. Acc will let the system boot up (which is pretty quick in comparison to most aftermarket systems I have seen. My buddies takes 15sec or more to boot up each time)

Overall I am VERY happy with the nav system and have had many compliments from passengers ranging from the styling of the nav system to the usability. From a person who used to run a stand alone GPS for years, I dont think I will ever get a car without the nav built in.

Trust me, all built in Navs are NOT equal.

Here is something possibly worse: I drive Honda Odyssey and every time I turn on the car and NAV screen comes up I have to touch (screen) OK to confirm idiot disclaimer telling me that I shouldn't trust GPS blindly 'cause could drive off the cliff or something.

Rear view camera also has about 3-4 seconds delay if I switched to "R" immediately. Both things annoying!

Zack