aejackson

New FFH Owner

New FFH owner here...Just wanted to say Hi! I'm American Forces living in the UK an just ordered the last Ice Blue FFH that FORD let come overseas to us. It's already here, but won't clear customs and registration for a few more days...can't wait. :happy feet:

Anyhoo, it was nice to find this board and all the great resources within.

Cheers!

AJ

New FFH owner here...Just wanted to say Hi! I'm American Forces living in the UK an just ordered the last Ice Blue FFH that FORD let come overseas to us. It's already here, but won't clear customs and registration for a few more days...can't wait. :happy feet:

I was stationed in Belgium for NATO a while back. Great tour..... Got to drive the Chunnel (Channel Tunnel) shortly after it opened...

Anyway, you will really enjoy the FFH. Hopefully, you will be driving in flat terrain on a regular basis so you'll get maximum economy. Hilly terrain can hit on the fuel mileage a bit. The first 3000 miles or so are when the car breaks in. Your economy really starts improving throughout that entire range. That's at least what I noticed on mine.

Now, I have never experienced a winter in my FFH, and the manual claims an economy decrease will occur, as opposed to what it is when the weather is warm. So, we will all learn together with this being the first winter for most of us and the FFH.

Cheers!

AJ

AJ,

So your new FFH will be a right hand drive model, since you are in the UK? I wonder if the layout is any different than what we get stateside, and are there any special options since it has to conform to UK spec?

Enjoy your new ride, as I'm still waiting on mine which was ordered on 9/18, so hopefully it will arrive in mid Nov :hyper:

Cary

AJ,

So your new FFH will be a right hand drive model, since you are in the UK? I wonder if the layout is any different than what we get stateside, and are there any special options since it has to conform to UK spec?

No, it's a rgular left hand drive, completely US spec. The Queen lets us import US spec vehicles here but, if it will be in country for more than 12 months, it has to have a few light modifications done to meet UK safety specs. My wife and I will be returning to the US in about 6 months, so we won['t't have to do any type of modifications.

Regards,

AJ

Cheers!

AJ

The UK, land of the round-abouts! Is it raining, yet :hysterical:

AJ, where are you assigned, and with what unit? I was with the Civil Engineers at RAF Alconbury/Molesworth from '96 - '97. Lived in Great Stukeley, right down the road from one of John Majors vacation homes, the old PM. What an awesome tour of duty.

Thanks for your service, fellow comrade! You should have qualified for a bit of a discount from Ford. Enjoy the ride along those magnificent country roads! And welcome home, in advance.

The UK, land of the round-abouts! Is it raining, yet :hysterical:

AJ, where are you assigned, and with what unit? I was with the Civil Engineers at RAF Alconbury/Molesworth from '96 - '97. Lived in Great Stukeley, right down the road from one of John Majors vacation homes, the old PM. What an awesome tour of duty.

Thanks for your service, fellow comrade! You should have qualified for a bit of a discount from Ford. Enjoy the ride along those magnificent country roads! And welcome home, in advance.

It's actually not raining right now...I'm a weather guy stationed at RAF Mildenhall..It's been good, but I'm definitely ready to be back to the states...