Sign in to follow this  
DaveM

FFH Internal Temp Display

Only had my hybrid 24 hours but can't figure out why on the Nav display it only shows the temp for the driver even though I have dual selected on the climate screen. If I manually touch the up/down button it will display the pass. temp until I turn off the car. There is no one in the passenger seat but I left the car running and went around and set in it but that didn't turn on the pass. display. How does yours work?

If there isn't anyone in the passenger seat, the system defaults the passenger side to the driver side temperature. More efficient.

From the service manual:

NOTE: For the passenger side temperature setting on hybrid vehicles equipped with dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) and a Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM) built on or after 4/08/2009 to be functional, a passenger must be seated in the front passenger seat. If the front passenger seat is not occupied, the HVAC module will control the system based only on the driver side temperature setting. The HVAC module receives a Medium Speed Controller Area Network (MS-CAN) signal from the FCIM to indicate if the front passenger seat is occupied.

Jon

Only had my hybrid 24 hours but can't figure out why on the Nav display it only shows the temp for the driver even though I have dual selected on the climate screen. If I manually touch the up/down button it will display the pass. temp until I turn off the car. There is no one in the passenger seat but I left the car running and went around and set in it but that didn't turn on the pass. display. How does yours work?

From the service manual:

NOTE: For the passenger side temperature setting on hybrid vehicles equipped with dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) and a Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM) built on or after 4/08/2009 to be functional, a passenger must be seated in the front passenger seat. If the front passenger seat is not occupied, the HVAC module will control the system based only on the driver side temperature setting. The HVAC module receives a Medium Speed Controller Area Network (MS-CAN) signal from the FCIM to indicate if the front passenger seat is occupied.

Jon

Now that I have had my Hybrid for a month I still don't care for the way the auto climate works for the passenger. If there is a passenger sitting there I can turn on the dual temps and it displays both temps each time the car is started. But if no one sits in pass seat it only shows drivers as you said. But next time pass sits in seat we have to manually tell it to use dual in which as long as someone sits in pass seat it defaults to dual until the one time you start it without a pass and then you have to reprogram it again. Someone screwed up on this or mine isn't working correctly.

Now that I have had my Hybrid for a month I still don't care for the way the auto climate works for the passenger. If there is a passenger sitting there I can turn on the dual temps and it displays both temps each time the car is started. But if no one sits in pass seat it only shows drivers as you said. But next time pass sits in seat we have to manually tell it to use dual in which as long as someone sits in pass seat it defaults to dual until the one time you start it without a pass and then you have to reprogram it again. Someone screwed up on this or mine isn't working correctly.

it's the same for our MMH. We have to reset it when she rides with me. It stays on until I drive by myself. Then next time she gets in we have to reset it to dual.

I don't think she has to do anything other that set the temp she wants on her side when she gets in. It seems to work okay for us.

Jon

it's the same for our MMH. We have to reset it when she rides with me. It stays on until I drive by myself. Then next time she gets in we have to reset it to dual.

I don't think she has to do anything other that set the temp she wants on her side when she gets in. It seems to work okay for us.

Jon

But it won't display her temp until she pushes the up/down button on her side. I just feel that it should automatically turn itself on when someone sits down without having to push it. You'd get kind of tired if each time you got into the drivers seat you had to turn on the heat/air because it couldn't remember what it was set at. If it is smart enough to turn itself on each time someone sits down and then turn itself off when no one sits down than it should be smart enough to turn itself back on the next time someone sits in the seat. Just poor programing on Fords part and only reason I say something is I'm betting Ford people monitor this site though they don't say anything. Should be a very simple fix on their part.

But it won't display her temp until she pushes the up/down button on her side. I just feel that it should automatically turn itself on when someone sits down without having to push it. You'd get kind of tired if each time you got into the drivers seat you had to turn on the heat/air because it couldn't remember what it was set at. If it is smart enough to turn itself on each time someone sits down and then turn itself off when no one sits down than it should be smart enough to turn itself back on the next time someone sits in the seat. Just poor programing on Fords part and only reason I say something is I'm betting Ford people monitor this site though they don't say anything. Should be a very simple fix on their part.

You have my vote.

I don't usually have the same passenger twice in a row, so for me the way it is setup is perfect. It keeps MY temperature until a passenger requests a different temp. My wife's van is annoying because it doesn't reset the dual-zone. It just keeps it until I reach way over and turn it off. One more option to add :>

Jon

You have my vote.