Arminium

How to remove stock deck

Ok ive looked at my deck multiple times and i have no idea how to pull it out... My old ranger had 4 holes where you would stick a special tool in and it would release the deck, but this one has nothing. I have the 6 CD changer in my 09 fusion and i need to be able to wire some rca's for my sub from the deck. is there any sub output from the deck or am i going to have to buy a special kit? Right now i am tapped into my two 6x9 sub wires in back and i want to improve sound quality by stealing from deck and getting one of those things that prevent deck from quieting the bass when i turn it up. It all starts by me removing the deck haha

Hi Arminium. :D On the 2006-2009 models, the entire front fascia of the center stack (the face plate surrounding the stereo) is held on with spring clips. Starting at the bottom of that fascia, slip your fingers behind the faceplate and gently pull outwards. The bottom spring clips will release and it will pop out. Then work your way up the sides and top to release all the spring clips. The head unit is held in with 4 (if I recall correctly) screws that are obvious to see. Remove the screws and slide the unit far enough out to release the wiring harnesses. That is it.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks for the info! I have to buy a new amp this weekend so i wont be pulling out my deck quite yet. Wish i could replace deck with aftermarket but i would lose my sync from what i hear =( Thanks again though i will be saving this info. AWAY!!! :superhero:

Hi Arminium. :D On the 2006-2009 models, the entire front fascia of the center stack (the face plate surrounding the stereo) is held on with spring clips. Starting at the bottom of that fascia, slip your fingers behind the faceplate and gently pull outwards. The bottom spring clips will release and it will pop out. Then work your way up the sides and top to release all the spring clips. The head unit is held in with 4 (if I recall correctly) screws that are obvious to see. Remove the screws and slide the unit far enough out to release the wiring harnesses. That is it.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Can anyone give information on the 2010 Fusion? I am trying to figure out how to get a remote wire to the trunk for an amp and since the fuse panel inside is impossible to work with I think I am going to have to pull out the head unit.

Any help will be greatly apreciated.

OK I Have a 2010 Fusion SE W/Sync and the 6 speaker stock system. In order to pull the radio out I had to undo the two screws in the center storage compartment (by windshield), just to give it some leway (do not actualy pull it out, taking the screws out will give it enough room to move) I then had to take out the center piece where the cup holders/ A/C plug is. After that you have to put the shifter in low gear (to allow room for the radio to come out) After that you can tug on the area around the radio and the DIN's should pop...once thats done there are 4 screws around the screen of the radio you have to unscrew. thats it...you can access the harness/components from here. BEWARE!!! THIS WAS A VERY LENGTHY PROCES THAT TOOK 1/2 THE DAY TO COMPLETE YOU ARE BETTER OFF PAYING SOMEONE TO INSTALL THE RADIO/SUBS (EVEN IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT) THERE IS ALOT OF LABOR AND PARTS REMOVAL INVOLVED AND THATS ONLY TO ACESS THE AREA!) And whoever mentioned not being able to by an aftermarket radio b/c of the SYNC it CAN be done BUT...you have to purchase a SYNC module adapter which is a whopping $189.99. with that plus the price of even a cheap head unit your at least 500 dollars in the drain and to me its not worth it!