wstcoaster07

Delivery FINALLY! leather seat quality?

So I FINALLY took delivery of my FFH today. First off, the car looks great. I am very happy with the black exterior and stone interior w/502a package. I spent about 3 hours at the dealership while they worked on paperwork and little odds and ends.

However, 2 problems:

1) there was a minor scratch about 1-2 inches long (pretty faint) that the dealership will take out on monday

2) This is the big one.... the leather seat was put together poorly on the driver side. As soon as you look at it you can tell the leather was not wrapped around the seat tightly. You can see a bunch of creases on the side of the seat pad. On the back you can see clearly that the leather is not tight at all and almost loosely placed over the padding. On one part it feels like the padding is missing. You can run your hand up the back side panel of the passenger seat and it feels like one smooth cushion. On the drivers side however there seems to be a 2in square chunk of padding missing which in turn causes the leather to not pull tightly around the seat. (I will post pics in a little bit)

I am going to have the tinting done either tomorrow or Monday and will post pics of the car.

the last picture is the pass seat, clearly nicer than the driver seat

pic 2 shows the missing "filler" or cushion

post-4182-1253998228_thumb.jpg

post-4182-1253998245_thumb.jpg

post-4182-1253998267_thumb.jpg

pic 2 shows the missing "filler" or cushion

I just went out to the garage and checked mine, it has the exact same thing where it appears there a chunk missing about the size of a "half a moon pie" that is not present in that rear area right near the seam of the seat pocket. I wonder if it is by design since we have the exact same "fluke", check some other cars at the dealer and maybe some others here can post their observations from their cars too. My guess is that there's a reason for it, either for assembly, durability, difference in seat movement than the pax seat has, or something like that.

I just went out to the garage and checked mine, it has the exact same thing where it appears there a chunk missing about the size of a "half a moon pie" that is not present in that rear area right near the seam of the seat pocket. I wonder if it is by design since we have the exact same "fluke", check some other cars at the dealer and maybe some others here can post their observations from their cars too. My guess is that there's a reason for it, either for assembly, durability, difference in seat movement than the pax seat has, or something like that.

hmm, thanks for the info. what about the loose leather fit look on the driver seat?

My seat has the same indention...maybe it has something to do with the lumbar mechanism? :idea: Otherwise the leather is tight and smooth. I have a pic but for some reason can't upload it. The forum thinks I've exceeded a limit....I'll keep trying.

BTW...congrats on your long awaited delivery and highly debated color combination selection!

Had to go check mine, and I too have the same indention. Other then that, I find my leather seats to be quite good.

I have a pic but for some reason can't upload it. The forum thinks I've exceeded a limit....I'll keep trying.

I've found that the 500k limit pertains to all current attachments to the board... so because I have 3 pics posted in various threads that are currently on the board, I have already used 317k of the 500k. So you might be in the same boat.

Other than that missing portion, there is some looseness on the back part of the seat but I figure that's to accommodate for overstuffing the seat back pocket or a heavier person sitting in the seat and not over-stretching the leather covering too much.

Other than that missing portion, there is some looseness on the back part of the seat but I figure that's to accommodate for overstuffing the seat back pocket or a heavier person sitting in the seat and not over-stretching the leather covering too much.

Yea, I was ok with the loose fit for the pocket but if you look on the seam that goes up and across the high/middle part of the seat you can see 2 points where the leather is not tight like the rest of the seam. I will say that looking at it today it seemed a little better so maybe there was some truth when the manager said give it a month to fill out the seat

Yea, I was ok with the loose fit for the pocket but if you look on the seam that goes up and across the high/middle part of the seat you can see 2 points where the leather is not tight like the rest of the seam. I will say that looking at it today it seemed a little better so maybe there was some truth when the manager said give it a month to fill out the seat

When I had a problem with my VW's seat the dealer sent it to an car upholstery place and it came back looking like it should and never gave me anymore trouble. Hope your's can do the same.

I checked mine. Leather is tight with no wrinkles. The 2" place you mention on the outside rear panel of the driver's seat, where it feels like some padding is missing, is the same on mine. Must be some reason for this.