Sign in to follow this  
Oryon

Ordering This Week - What to Ask For?

At long last, as long as we get word back Monday or Tuesday that we were pre-approved for a loan, we plan to go in to the dealer and order our FFH.

With so many who have already gone through this process, I wanted to make sure I receive all the correct documents before we leave, or request to get them ASAP. With September 30th also looming, I want to make sure to have dated copies of all documents necessary for proof for the tax credit.

Along with a copy of the DORA and copy of a dated purchase order, is there anything else I should be asking for a copy of? A copy of the order acceptance confirmation? Anything else?

Is there any scenario where a salesman/dealership wouldn't give copies of any or all of these? I don't forsee any problems as my wife has leased three cars from him before and her family has purchased or leased many, many from him, but I want to be prepared. This will be our first ever new car purchase, and we want it to go as seamless, smooth, and quick as possible.

Thanks!! :)

I would echo the choice of a 502A package. Whether you pay cash, lease, or finance, the relatively low cost differential will keep you entertained (and hopefully safer) for the duration of ownership.

Personally, the "upgraded" radio is a bit disappointing, but the other option goodies are too good to pass.

If you are getting the 502A package, there is a generous discount on that package. If you are looking at the 501A and thinking leather, it might be worthwhile to step up to the 502A. Nav, rear camera, BLIS, etc. are really worthwhile options. The package discount and the tax credit almost pay for the upgrade.

I agree. I almost got the 501A with leather, thinking why spend an extra $1000 for navigation? Glad I went with the 502A. Nav aside, the big touchscreen adds so much feedback and functionality that it really enhances the driving experience. The extra money is peanuts over the life of ownership, and it will help with resale, too.

I feel like I'm driving around in a hybrid luxury car, and for only $30k (thanks, x-plan!)

I agree. I almost got the 501A with leather, thinking why spend an extra $1000 for navigation? Glad I went with the 502A. Nav aside, the big touchscreen adds so much feedback and functionality that it really enhances the driving experience. The extra money is peanuts over the life of ownership, and it will help with resale, too.

I feel like I'm driving around in a hybrid luxury car, and for only $30k (thanks, x-plan!)

I agree with the others, go 502A. It has been a great package. Make sure you get a photocopy of your deposit check.