Sign in to follow this  
Deathlok

Do you guys scotch guard your leather sseats?

In the manual, it says the leather is already treated with a clear protective coat from the factory. So is it necessary?

Anyone use seats covers? I might get some just for the winter, then take em off in the spring, summer, and fall.

In the manual, it says the leather is already treated with a clear protective coat from the factory. So is it necessary?

I'm old fashioned, I treat mine but not with high-priced fancy stuff, I used low-gloss Armor-All and it works fine. The manual can say whatever it wants about protective coats, however thousands of movements by squirming butts would wear on that, in my feeble mind anyway. So I will just use my old-fashioned Armor All to help keep the leather pliable, as I've done for 20 years. If you want to use something else and aren't satisfied with the old-fashioned basic stuff, http://www.meguiars.com has many products (I do use their wax) and has a great FAQ area at http://www.meguiars.com/faq/ that will answer many common questions about exterior and interior care.

I've been using Lexol on all my leather interiors for years and am very pleased with it. A good product to keep the leather pliable with do more for you then any "sealant" would.

Good luck!

I've been using Lexol on all my leather interiors for years and am very pleased with it. A good product to keep the leather pliable with do more for you then any "sealant" would.

Good luck!

I use a good leather cleaner first and then some kind of leather conditioner that softens and moisterizes the leather to help keep it soft. Just remember that leather is a skin just like your skin. You wash yourself with a MILD soap and maybe use a little cream moisterizer as needed mostly in the winter months. I would also stay away from anything that SEALS the leather. This isn't vinyl which a sealer would be good for.

Don't use anything except a good quality leather cleaner and protectant. Do NOT use scotch guard or armor-all or anything like that - EVER!

I will prob use Meguiar's leather protective products on the leather.

Whats wrong with Armor All on the dash? ( I know not to use it on the leather) Its been around for decades. If Armor All really made dashes crack like I have heard, would they not have been sued already?

Whats wrong with Armor All on the dash? ( I know not to use it on the leather) Its been around for decades. If Armor All really made dashes crack like I have heard, would they not have been sued already?

Like I said before, I've used it for 20 years and have already used it on this FFH and it is fine, but it's your car so use or don't use whatever you like. I didn't like the glare I would get from regular Armor All on the dash so I switched to the low gloss and don't get that same reflection/glare.

Ok, until I can find some 303, I am going with Meguiar's interior cleaner, Meguiar's

leather all in one cleaner/protector/moisturizer , Turtle wax tire shine, and a rim cleaner & rim polish.

Am trying to find one of those windshield screens, but so far no luck.

I notice that the dark tint on the back side & back windshield keeps the sun out of the back leather seating & interior!

I also noticed that if I want to use a car cover (say in the summer when it hits 25+C) I would have to cut a hole for the roof antenna! I take it the car covers are not easy to cut holes in!

H Deathlok. :D Yes, if we are both discussing the same antenna.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I think we are discussing the same antenna! mine is on the roof near the back.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! You can unscrew it! Now everytime I have to go anywhere, I will have to unscrew it! Someone might steal it! :headspin: