Sign in to follow this  
FFHdriver

Addition of DRLs

Does any one know if there is a plug&play way to add the Canadian DRLs on a USA car? Maybe removing a connector under the dash and plugging the Canadian type module into the wiring. For a 2010 model. TIA

Hi WAFFH. :D I am describing having the Ford Factory DRL's enabled, which on the Fusion and Milan are the low beams. On the MKZ it is the foglights, due to the HID lowbeams of the MKZ.

These "universal plug-n-play" kits are not compatible with the SJB (Smart Junction Box) and electronics of the Fusion/Milan/MKZ, and many other modern cars. With the complicated and computerized electronics of most modern cars, these "universal" kits are nothing but trouble. Plus, they would lead to Warranty problems if you should have any sort of electrical or lighting problem later.

My advice would be to do it the correct way. But that is simply my educated opinion.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Dealer enabled mine yesterday, at no charge. The low beams are used.

Does anyone have more detailed instructions on how this can be done? I spoke with three diferent dealerships today, and two said it couldn't be done, and the third said they really didn't know, but were willing to try for $110/hr.

I'd like to bring them some sort of instructions.

If it's only a 10 or 15 minute thing, I think I can get them to do it for 1/2 hr labor charge.

Show the dealer the WAFFH post.