vschmidt

Snapshot of reported order-to-delivery history

So i had called FCC on the 6th and they said the car would leave on Monday the 9th. She then went on to tell me that the info the dealer has is more accurate...I left the dealer an email with that info and he responded with "you still wont get the car till the 30th of november." I asked him about rail information and he seemed dumbfounded and reiterated the 30th of november date. Yesterday i receive a phone call from the dealer saying the car left the factory (on the 6th), and again told me it takes the car nearly a month to reach illinois from mexico....

i am wondering if he and FCCare being overly conservative with the delivery date of the 30th so i cant use it against him for negotiation. i.e. he tells me the car comes the 20th of november, it doesnt arrive and i get angry and demand a lower price or something of the sort...(is the plausible?), or is it so that when the car comes in early it makes them look good lol :hysterical2:

Either way, i ordered the vehicle on 10/08 and its on its way. Now if i can just get rail info...lol

From another thread, a person was tracking their vehicle and it took 6 days to get to illinois. im still hoping for a pre thanksgiving (actual) delivery date (but at least the car is coming before christmas!). Im not getting my hopes up, but im excited either way.

Mine took nearly 3 weeks to get to my dealer from Mexico. From what I was told by FCC, it was shipped to Tuscon, AZ by Union Pacific and then was given to CSX who transported it to Shelbyville, KY. From there, Allied Trucking took it over and shipped it by truck, although they shipped it 7 days later than scheduled.

What information do you need to call FCC for them to track. All I have from the dealership is a paper that says Vehicle Order Confirmation. It does not have any of my personal information on it. It only has information about the car and pricing.

My salesman predicted my FFH would get here in about six weeks. Ordered it Sept. 29. Picked it up November 6. That's a little under six weeks. I'm in Atlanta. About three days before it arrived I called Ford and they said it was in Louisville. Then a day later it was in Hapeville, GA.

All in all, a pretty typical delivery story. And so far the car is everything the people in this forum said it would be.

What information do you need to call FCC for them to track. All I have from the dealership is a paper that says Vehicle Order Confirmation. It does not have any of my personal information on it. It only has information about the car and pricing.

All I needed to have FCC check on my car was the full VIN number which you should be getting shortly.

Well, I spoke to ford customer care on Monday and the lady quoted me Nov 25th as the "estimated time of arrival at the dealership." This is 5 days closer than the 30th that was quoted to me by the dealer and 12 days closer than what ford customer care originally quoted me (Dec 7th). I cant take the wait anymore....lol :waiting: :hysterical:

Well, I spoke to ford customer care on Monday and the lady quoted me Nov 25th as the "estimated time of arrival at the dealership." This is 5 days closer than the 30th that was quoted to me by the dealer and 12 days closer than what ford customer care originally quoted me (Dec 7th). I cant take the wait anymore....lol :waiting: :hysterical:

Don't forget the uncertainty factor, not that I want to dash your enthusiasm. I know exactly how you feel as it was painful waiting the last few days, only to realize that it was not arriving as scheduled. I remember my dealer told me that my Hybrid was due to arrive on 10/26. I called up FCC and they told me that it was scheduled to arrive on 10/28. 10/28 came and no sign of my vehicle. It turns out that Allied Trucking had taken it from CSX down in Shelbyville, KY and they apparantly held onto it for over a week before deciding to ship it. Thus my Hybrid finally arrived 8 days later than scheduled.

Picked up the vehicle this past tuesday (just in time for turkey as i had hoped!!!). Black/Black 502A. Just like everyone else, im gonna say that this vehicle is AMAZING. I now find excuses to drive, and drive far. I have a grocery store a couple of blocks from my house, but decided the one across town was the way to go this morning...lol. Although i do have to mention that the backup warning SCARED THE S___ OUT OF ME THIS MORNING! LOL! I briefly forgot it had that feature.

Just to recap for data collecting purposes:

Ordered 10/08/09

Received 11/24/09

Just over 6 weeks from start to finish. I hope everyone has as good luck as i did, considering when i ordered the vehicle they told me it would take 10-12 weeks.

Picked up the vehicle this past tuesday (just in time for turkey as i had hoped!!!). Black/Black 502A. Just like everyone else, im gonna say that this vehicle is AMAZING. I now find excuses to drive, and drive far. I have a grocery store a couple of blocks from my house, but decided the one across town was the way to go this morning...lol. Although i do have to mention that the backup warning SCARED THE S___ OUT OF ME THIS MORNING! LOL! I briefly forgot it had that feature.

Just to recap for data collecting purposes:

Ordered 10/08/09

Received 11/24/09

Just over 6 weeks from start to finish. I hope everyone has as good luck as i did, considering when i ordered the vehicle they told me it would take 10-12 weeks.

Congrats on your new car! When I first got it, I deliberately took more creative routes to my destinations for a week or so. However, I do that everytime I get a new vehicle as you just want to drive and have fun.

I remember there was an interesting survey conducted by a bunch of insurance companies last year I think, that mentioned that hybrid vehicle owners tend to drive over 10% more than an average driver which is in complete contrast who when mass produced hybrids first started hitting the market when an average hybrid owner drove far less than the average driver.