vschmidt

Snapshot of reported order-to-delivery history

Ordered my FFH black on black 501A on Sept. 30. Looks like the DORA was processed 10-7-09. It says Priority 01 on there, which apparently is a good thing. Any idea why I can't access my window sticker on-line yet?

I just called up Ford customer care, and my Fusion Hybrid is currently sitting in Tuscon, AZ waiting to be transferred from Union Pacific to CSX. FCC gave me an arrival date of 10/28. Damn, I don't know if I can wait that long as this final 1.5 week wait is going to be long and painful.

Finally able to see my window sticker on Tuesday(10/20), a day after the car was supposed to be assembled. I called Ford and they informed me everything is on schedule, final maintenance check was completed on 10/21, and the car was released from the factory on 10/23 :happy feet: Now its waiting to ship by rail, with a tentative arrival at the dealership of 11/10.

This actually worked out perfectly for me, since I was planning to pick up the car that weekend. :shift:

Finally able to see my window sticker on Tuesday(10/20), a day after the car was supposed to be assembled. I called Ford and they informed me everything is on schedule, final maintenance check was completed on 10/21, and the car was released from the factory on 10/23 :happy feet: Now its waiting to ship by rail, with a tentative arrival at the dealership of 11/10.

This actually worked out perfectly for me, since I was planning to pick up the car that weekend. :shift:

It is the wait that sucks. My vehicle should be arriving on Wednesday although i'm going to check with FCC monday just to see if there are any other updates. These final few days are gonna be tense. The wait feels like forever for the vehicle to get shipped from Hermosilla to Cincinnati.

It is the wait that sucks. My vehicle should be arriving on Wednesday although i'm going to check with FCC monday just to see if there are any other updates. These final few days are gonna be tense. The wait feels like forever for the vehicle to get shipped from Hermosilla to Cincinnati.

Just recevied a note from the dealer that my car is coming in next week :headspin: WOW!

Car was released last Friday so they may have found a spot on a quick train. I'm going to call FCC tomorrow to track the train and confirm actual arrival, as its 1 week earlier than expected. In any case, I'm out of town until mid Nov, so no real impact to picking up this new toy :shift:

I need to remind myself to write to the dealer so they won't install the front license bracket... :finger:

Just recevied a note from the dealer that my car is coming in next week :headspin: WOW!

Car was released last Friday so they may have found a spot on a quick train. I'm going to call FCC tomorrow to track the train and confirm actual arrival, as its 1 week earlier than expected. In any case, I'm out of town until mid Nov, so no real impact to picking up this new toy :shift:

I need to remind myself to write to the dealer so they won't install the front license bracket... :finger:

Just curious as to why you need to call FCC again? Since you will be out of town until mid Nov and they already told you it was shipped and that it will be in next week......depending where you are at, probably take 10 days at the most from shipment to delivery to your dealer. FCC isn't there to give you train numbers...not sure they can really do that anyway. I think if people really start to abuse the system, the less likely they will be to provide the information. They do it as a favor, you really are supposed to get that info from your dealer. I know you are excited, we all were, but sometimes excitement gets in the way of common sense.

Your state doesn't require a front license bracket? In Ohio, they require one although I wish they wouldn't.

Just curious as to why you need to call FCC again? Since you will be out of town until mid Nov and they already told you it was shipped and that it will be in next week......depending where you are at, probably take 10 days at the most from shipment to delivery to your dealer. FCC isn't there to give you train numbers...not sure they can really do that anyway. I think if people really start to abuse the system, the less likely they will be to provide the information. They do it as a favor, you really are supposed to get that info from your dealer. I know you are excited, we all were, but sometimes excitement gets in the way of common sense.

When I called FCC a while ago, they were not able to give me a rail car number, but they were able to track where the train was, and where it is going next. They were able to tell me over a week ago that my hybrid was currently in Tuscan, AZ waiting to be transferred from Union Pacific to CSX. I am not sure asking for this information would be considered abuse so long as you arn't calling them every 10 min, or even everyday. While it varies from dealer to dealer, many seem to be a bit wary of giving out more than the bare essential tidbits of info. I know when I called FCC over a week ago, the lady on the phone seemed more than happy to give me a "visibility" report on my vehicle as she called it.

Your state doesn't require a front license bracket? In Ohio, they require one although I wish they wouldn't.

When I called FCC a while ago, they were not able to give me a rail car number, but they were able to track where the train was, and where it is going next. They were able to tell me over a week ago that my hybrid was currently in Tuscan, AZ waiting to be transferred from Union Pacific to CSX. I am not sure asking for this information would be considered abuse so long as you arn't calling them every 10 min, or even everyday. While it varies from dealer to dealer, many seem to be a bit wary of giving out more than the bare essential tidbits of info. I know when I called FCC over a week ago, the lady on the phone seemed more than happy to give me a "visibility" report on my vehicle as she called it.

I certainly don't want to abuse the FCC, but I've only talked with them twice in the last 3 weeks, and they have been able to provide more detailed information than the dealer. In this case, the FCC's update indicated a delivery of 11/10 last Friday, but the dealer email today said its arriving next week. Either case would be fine with me, since I plan on picking up the car in 2 weeks.

My state does require a front license plate, but I want to avoid drilling holes into the front bumper if I can. Perhaps a bit risky?

I certainly don't want to abuse the FCC, but I've only talked with them twice in the last 3 weeks, and they have been able to provide more detailed information than the dealer. In this case, the FCC's update indicated a delivery of 11/10 last Friday, but the dealer email today said its arriving next week. Either case would be fine with me, since I plan on picking up the car in 2 weeks.

My state does require a front license plate, but I want to avoid drilling holes into the front bumper if I can. Perhaps a bit risky?

California requires a front license plate and the dealer is required to ensure that the bracket is installed. You also have to sign a form acknowledging that you are aware that it is required.

However, when I got my Mustang 15 years ago, the dealer managed to put the screw in too high on one side and ran it through the top of the bumper. I had to take it back to the body shop the week I got it and had them leave the license plate off. It's been off ever since and I've never had an issue with it, not even when I got a speeding ticket, although I have heard of others getting fix-it tickets for it.

California requires a front license plate and the dealer is required to ensure that the bracket is installed. You also have to sign a form acknowledging that you are aware that it is required.

However, when I got my Mustang 15 years ago, the dealer managed to put the screw in too high on one side and ran it through the top of the bumper. I had to take it back to the body shop the week I got it and had them leave the license plate off. It's been off ever since and I've never had an issue with it, not even when I got a speeding ticket, although I have heard of others getting fix-it tickets for it.

The front lines look so much better w/o the distraction of a license plate. I've not had a front plate on my Corvette since I first bought it more than 20 yrs ago, and never had a problem. But I understand the fix-it tickets are now more expensive, to the tune of $25. Some cities like Fremont are using speed cameras which requires the front license so they can take a picture.

I'll check with the dealer when the car arrives to see what are my options, if any.

Hello all!

So ive been checking the board out for the past few weeks after ordering my Ford Fusion Hybrid (and i finally decided to join), and I am very excited to get going in this vehicle. The problem i am having is deciphering what everyone is saying with delivery dates, etc.

I received my VIN last week :headspin: and my dealer told me that the build date is Nov 2nd, with Delivery by Dec 1st.

I called Ford Customer Care today and she told me the Build Date was November 6th with a Delivery of November 30th, arriving at the dealership on the 7th of December...

Now, correct me if im wrong, but from what i gathered it takes far less time for things to get moving once the vehicle is built. From what i read (or maybe i mis-read) it appears that usually the vehicle is received 2 or 3 weeks tops after build date.

Im just very excited and im hoping all of your insight could help narrow down my actual, not estimated date. I need to square away my trade (Ford offered me $5500 for my Jeep, but i think Carmax may do better....ive had good dealings with them, ) and get financing (preferably from my credit union who is offering 4.9 for 60 mos!!!! lol!

Anyway, thanks for all the past information that is already posted, and i cant wait to get the hybrid! It sounds like you guys love em!

Sorry for the long first post!

Well darn, my vehicle didn't come today. My dealer told me it will be here sometime this week, and the Ford customer service lady said that it was scheduled to arrive today. My salesguy is off tomarrow, so I may not be able to do anything till Friday if it comes in before then.........

The business manager actual said that he knows that the ESP is $200 cheaper on the internet but the extra $200 is his profit so he can feed his kids.

I HATE THAT LINE!!! "Feed my kids/family"

It reminds me of when i went to lease a chevy malibu back in the day. I had a relative who worked for GM and she told me "dont settle for anything under $xxx." She gave me some documents with prices and i showed it to the salesman. He got VERY ANGRY, saying "how did you get this!!!?" "I CANT GIVE IT TO YOU FOR THAT! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FEED MY FAMILY!!!" Mind you, he had a board of Polaroid pics of him and about (I kid you not) 75 customers he sold cars to over the last 3 months.... I looked at him and said "if i pay what YOURE asking, how am i supposed to feed MY family!" Then the argument began. It got heated to the point where he was yelling at my wife and I and the manager had to come over! The managers solution: "How about free oil changes and car washes for a year?" I stormed out with them chasing me to my Wrangler...

True story, I cant make this stuff up...

Havent stepped foot in a GM dealership since.

I digress, my Window Sticker appeared online today. Realistically, how long do you guys think it'll be till im driving away? FCC told me the car will be on the lot 12/07. Order was placed 10/08...From what I gather, im thinking ill have it by Thanksgiving :) or am I too optimistic?

I HATE THAT LINE!!! "Feed my kids/family"

It reminds me of when i went to lease a chevy malibu back in the day. I had a relative who worked for GM and she told me "dont settle for anything under $xxx." She gave me some documents with prices and i showed it to the salesman. He got VERY ANGRY, saying "how did you get this!!!?" "I CANT GIVE IT TO YOU FOR THAT! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FEED MY FAMILY!!!" Mind you, he had a board of Polaroid pics of him and about (I kid you not) 75 customers he sold cars to over the last 3 months.... I looked at him and said "if i pay what YOURE asking, how am i supposed to feed MY family!" Then the argument began. It got heated to the point where he was yelling at my wife and I and the manager had to come over! The managers solution: "How about free oil changes and car washes for a year?" I stormed out with them chasing me to my Wrangler...

True story, I cant make this stuff up...

Havent stepped foot in a GM dealership since.

I digress, my Window Sticker appeared online today. Realistically, how long do you guys think it'll be till im driving away? FCC told me the car will be on the lot 12/07. Order was placed 10/08...From what I gather, im thinking ill have it by Thanksgiving :) or am I too optimistic?

Great story but to blame every GM dealer for the stupidity of one is wrong. That same thing could have happened at any car dealer as I have had about the same thing happen at all of them. I emailed about a dozen dealers when looking for my FFH in the Mid Michigan area. I got back all kinds of prices and of course phone calls following up when they didn't hear back from me. One dealer near Grand Rapids quoted me $500 under sticker where as a couple were invoice. I took my 2 emails for invoice to my local Ford dealer who had been helping me and let me test a hybrid. I explained that I was pleased with his help and wanted to give him a chance to match the invoice prices I had been quoted. He talked with his manager and came back in about 10 min and said he could match it, we placed order and all is history now. When doing paper work I bought in a quote off line for extended warranty but finance guy played with his computer and came back with I can't match that.

Great story but to blame every GM dealer for the stupidity of one is wrong. That same thing could have happened at any car dealer as I have had about the same thing happen at all of them. I emailed about a dozen dealers when looking for my FFH in the Mid Michigan area. I got back all kinds of prices and of course phone calls following up when they didn't hear back from me. One dealer near Grand Rapids quoted me $500 under sticker where as a couple were invoice. I took my 2 emails for invoice to my local Ford dealer who had been helping me and let me test a hybrid. I explained that I was pleased with his help and wanted to give him a chance to match the invoice prices I had been quoted. He talked with his manager and came back in about 10 min and said he could match it, we placed order and all is history now. When doing paper work I bought in a quote off line for extended warranty but finance guy played with his computer and came back with I can't match that.

You're right, i shouldnt blame all, but to get yelled at by the salesman (who yells at a customer who wants to get a vehicle?) and talked to like a jack@$$ by the manager really made me not like GM. I remember the drive home, and saying to my wife: "Free oil changes and car washes? Hell, the car washes are usually FREE at the dealerships around here as a courtesy!"

I bit my tongue when i went to a Ford dealership to get a FFH a few months ago. The salesman was AWESOME! Really nice guy, took the time to listen to us, and we were gonna place the order for the FFH. Then the GM came out and tried to sell me an Escape Hybrid off of his lot....used. After i declined he tried to sell me a Fusion SE....used. I declined again. HE goes on to tell me that i would need to drive 10,000,000 miles (exaggeration) and keep the car for 100 years (another exaggeration) for me to recoup the money spend on the FFH as opposed to the SE. :redcard:

The manager then asked me: "What can i do to get you to take this 2010 Fusion Sport today? You said you wanted NAV (Which i did), i can add that for an additional 2,000" I looked at him, and said: "Ill take this car (pointing to the Sport) if you put in the Nav, and put a hybrid engine in the front and battery in the back..." I finished by saying: "Im here and ready to buy a $30,000 vehicle....and you want to talk me out of it???" :banghead:

The look on his face was priceless! :headspin:

Luckily the Michigan-Notre Dame game was on and Michigan won so i forgot about how angry i was and went to a different Ford dealer a few weeks later, ordering my new vehicle. :)

I'm starting to get a little frustrated here. My vehicle has been down in Shelbyville, KY for over week now in the posession of Allied Trucking as they took delivery of it last week from CSX. My vehicle was due in last Monday, and now i'm wondering how frickin long does it take to ship a car to a destination that is only 80-90 minutes away.....

I'm starting to get a little frustrated here. My vehicle has been down in Shelbyville, KY for over week now in the posession of Allied Trucking as they took delivery of it last week from CSX. My vehicle was due in last Monday, and now i'm wondering how frickin long does it take to ship a car to a destination that is only 80-90 minutes away.....

ouch, too bad you can't tell them to leave it at a dealership near them. I'm sure the 90 min drive wouldn't hurt ya, especially to get the new vehicle!!! I can imagine your frustration!

My dealer called 10 mins ago and said ours will be delivered the week of the 30th this month! Hopefully no stops 90 mins from here ;)

I feel for you man, its been an agonizing wait for you!

My dealer just sent me an email saying "your beautiful car is here, and we are ready to prep it tomorrow". :happy feet: What a pleasant surprise :headspin:

FCC told me it was scheduled for 11/9 when I talked with them last Friday, even thought my dealer did say it was suppose to arrive sometime this week. Wow, that was very nice! Unfortunatley, I'm not around to pick it up this week, so it will have to wait until I get back next Friday (I'm dreading the wait now until I can take delivery) :shift:

A pretty fast delivery of 6-7 weeks from an order date of 9/18, confirmation date of 9/24, to a built date of 10/19, and a delivery of 11/2. Maybe they've got into the groove and worked out all the logistic kinks, so these FFH are coming out like clockwork !

Well, Allied Trucking finally delivered and I just picked up my new light ice blue Fusion hybrid with a medium stone interior a few hours ago. I took the local roads home during rush hour and I managed to average 42.7mpg on a 16 mile drive home. I have absolutely NO desire to be a hypermiler, so this has me pleased as i've heard that the fuel economy will only continue to get better as the car breaks in, although the colder weather is likely going to hurt it.

On the highway portion of my drive home, the instantaneous fuel economy meter hovered right around what I visually estimate to be 30-32mpg which is not bad on a vehicle that had only 4 miles on it when I began my ownership of it.

I called my dealer today and he said they have a partial VIN, but would not receive a full VIN until it was available from Ford. "Partial VIN" sounds fishy, anyone know if this is true or have been told this by their dealer. I signed a Vehicle Request Form 2 weeks ago.

I called my dealer today and he said they have a partial VIN, but would not receive a full VIN until it was available from Ford. "Partial VIN" sounds fishy, anyone know if this is true or have been told this by their dealer. I signed a Vehicle Request Form 2 weeks ago.

I would imagine it is possible to get a partial vin because from what i understand all Ford Fusion Hybrids have the same beginning VIN. For example, according to the Ford Fleet website VIN lookup the following is what was given for my vin: 3FADP0L34ARxxxxxx

the 3FA means that the assembly country is Mexico (where it was built), it is a Ford and it is a Sedan

the D means the type of vehicle restraint system type

the P0L means its a Fusion Hybrid Passenger Car

the 3 is the engine type (hybrid) (i am guessing the 4 is because it is a four cylinder engine)

the A is the model year (2010)

the R means assembly plant (Hermosillo)

and finally the xxxxxx's i put is the production sequence number (which will vary for all of us)

here is the website if anyone is interested. https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/VIN_tools/default.asp

So in theory this will all be the same for anyone who has a Ford Fusion Hybrid (except for the production sequence number).

Hope this helps!!!

Please correct me if im wrong ;)

So i had called FCC on the 6th and they said the car would leave on Monday the 9th. She then went on to tell me that the info the dealer has is more accurate...I left the dealer an email with that info and he responded with "you still wont get the car till the 30th of november." I asked him about rail information and he seemed dumbfounded and reiterated the 30th of november date. Yesterday i receive a phone call from the dealer saying the car left the factory (on the 6th), and again told me it takes the car nearly a month to reach illinois from mexico....

i am wondering if he and FCCare being overly conservative with the delivery date of the 30th so i cant use it against him for negotiation. i.e. he tells me the car comes the 20th of november, it doesnt arrive and i get angry and demand a lower price or something of the sort...(is the plausible?), or is it so that when the car comes in early it makes them look good lol :hysterical2:

Either way, i ordered the vehicle on 10/08 and its on its way. Now if i can just get rail info...lol

From another thread, a person was tracking their vehicle and it took 6 days to get to illinois. im still hoping for a pre thanksgiving (actual) delivery date (but at least the car is coming before christmas!). Im not getting my hopes up, but im excited either way.

So i had called FCC on the 6th and they said the car would leave on Monday the 9th. She then went on to tell me that the info the dealer has is more accurate...I left the dealer an email with that info and he responded with "you still wont get the car till the 30th of november." I asked him about rail information and he seemed dumbfounded and reiterated the 30th of november date. Yesterday i receive a phone call from the dealer saying the car left the factory (on the 6th), and again told me it takes the car nearly a month to reach illinois from mexico....

i am wondering if he and FCCare being overly conservative with the delivery date of the 30th so i cant use it against him for negotiation. i.e. he tells me the car comes the 20th of november, it doesnt arrive and i get angry and demand a lower price or something of the sort...(is the plausible?), or is it so that when the car comes in early it makes them look good lol :hysterical2:

Either way, i ordered the vehicle on 10/08 and its on its way. Now if i can just get rail info...lol

From another thread, a person was tracking their vehicle and it took 6 days to get to illinois. im still hoping for a pre thanksgiving (actual) delivery date (but at least the car is coming before christmas!). Im not getting my hopes up, but im excited either way.

All I know is I ordered mine on Aug. 27th and it was at the dealers on Oct. 3rd. It sure didn't take no month to get to the dealer as it only took about 5 weeks total. Plus I'm in Mich. so I'm farther away. Mine came into some town in Ohio by train and truck to dealer.