vschmidt

Snapshot of reported order-to-delivery history

Ok, our Hybrid has been built and is in the hands of the shipper. So when does our Window Sticker become available online?

It already should be. My window sticker showed up 2 weeks ago, just under 2 weeks after our order.

I went back and did a little playing with the numbers the dealer gave me and it started out as 3FADP0L where dealer wrote Oh instead of zero. Changed it and all is well.

It sounds like DORA, but wouldn't hurt to ask your dealer for a copy if is is not. Ford has implied that DORA date is enough to claim the tax credit. Many articles in the internet also interpret the tax law that way. I have yet seen a clarification from IRS. I'm in the same boat (ordered when credit was $3400, took delivery when credit was $1700). FDAF, from what I understand, is regional advertising fee that is tacked on all vehicles. You may be able to get them to waive this, but I guess it's a long shot.

:woohoo: Woohoo, just received email from dealer with factory verification of my order. :happy feet:

Order was placed on 9/18, and verified by the factory on 9/24. Now comes the wait for build schedule, VIN, window sticker...

What are typical lead times between order verification to delivery? I'm seeing 6-8 wks from the post on this and other forums, and it seems to be getting shorter recently. Thanks for all your information. :drool:

Got a call from the dealer today saying the car should be delivered and ready tomorrow morning/early afternoon. Puts me at 15 weeks 3 days from order to delivery.

Got a call from the dealer today saying the car should be delivered and ready tomorrow morning/early afternoon. Puts me at 15 weeks 3 days from order to delivery.

I wonder why so long, did the dealer screw up? I ordered mine on Aug. 27th and as of this morning (just under 4 weeks) it was built and in the hands of the shipper so should be here soon.

I'm betting that you have 100 miles on it before you stop to eat tomorrow night. You will also think about sleeping in it. Your fun is just beginning.

I wonder why so long, did the dealer screw up? I ordered mine on Aug. 27th and as of this morning (just under 4 weeks) it was built and in the hands of the shipper so should be here soon.

Half way through (8 weeks, which should have been delivery) the dealer said Ford screwed up the order and they had to re place it all over again. Should have been a tip off when 4 weeks in I was still without a VIN number.

As for the 100 miles.... easily haha

Half way through (8 weeks, which should have been delivery) the dealer said Ford screwed up the order and they had to re place it all over again. Should have been a tip off when 4 weeks in I was still without a VIN number.

As for the 100 miles.... easily haha

Make sure they eat the price increase as it went up about $350

Just received my VIN from the dealer, and a scheduled assembly date of 10/19. :happy feet:

I guess the cycle time is about right, as I ordered on 9/18, and was confirmed by the factory on 9/24. Anyone knows how long from assembly to delivery to the dealer? Thanks.

Just received my VIN from the dealer, and a scheduled assembly date of 10/19. :happy feet:

I guess the cycle time is about right, as I ordered on 9/18, and was confirmed by the factory on 9/24. Anyone knows how long from assembly to delivery to the dealer? Thanks.

I played my order on 09/10 and was confirmed by the factory on 09/23. I do not have a VIN yet as I just called the dealer yesterday. What color and package did you order with?

I played my order on 09/10 and was confirmed by the factory on 09/23. I do not have a VIN yet as I just called the dealer yesterday. What color and package did you order with?

Ask your dealer for the DORA (dealer order receipt aknowedgement) which will show that Ford received the order and OK'd it. You will need it for your records anyway to prove when you ordered it for when you apply for the tax credit. Plus this will tell you your dealer is on the ball and did things correctly. Sounds like a number of dealers here are dragging their feet.

Ask your dealer for the DORA (dealer order receipt aknowedgement) which will show that Ford received the order and OK'd it. You will need it for your records anyway to prove when you ordered it for when you apply for the tax credit. Plus this will tell you your dealer is on the ball and did things correctly. Sounds like a number of dealers here are dragging their feet.

Yeah, I have a copy of the DORA which shows the order confirmation date to be 9/23 while the order was submitted on 09/16. I'll give them another week before I start asking questions.

Yeah, I have a copy of the DORA which shows the order confirmation date to be 9/23 while the order was submitted on 09/16. I'll give them another week before I start asking questions.

I ordered the Ice Blue w/502A package. My dealer was pretty efficient, and seems to know what they were doing when placing the order. I didn't have to remind them of the little details associated with ordering the Hybrid, and the sales mgr was proactive in coming back to me with factory confirmation of my retail order within a week. This particular dealer has been in business over 40 yrs, and the sales mgr has been working there the last 20+ yrs! He is very professional and responsive, but still could not confirm the expected delivery.

I am hoping 2 - 4 weeks from date of assembly(10/19), which would put delivery around mid Nov :shift: The wait is agonizing :waiting:

I ordered the Ice Blue w/502A package. My dealer was pretty efficient, and seems to know what they were doing when placing the order. I didn't have to remind them of the little details associated with ordering the Hybrid, and the sales mgr was proactive in coming back to me with factory confirmation of my retail order within a week. This particular dealer has been in business over 40 yrs, and the sales mgr has been working there the last 20+ yrs! He is very professional and responsive, but still could not confirm the expected delivery.

I am hoping 2 - 4 weeks from date of assembly(10/19), which would put delivery around mid Nov :shift: The wait is agonizing :waiting:

Looks like my window sticker popped up online today!

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...ADP0L3XAR234785

My dealer told me that there was no VIN assigned yet. However, I noticed that there was a VIN on my DORA. I plugged it into the Ford system and sure enough it is mine as it has my last name on it. I wonder if our hybrids will be manufactured side by side considering we ordered it exactly the same as each other.

Looks like my window sticker popped up online today!

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...ADP0L3XAR234785

My dealer told me that there was no VIN assigned yet. However, I noticed that there was a VIN on my DORA. I plugged it into the Ford system and sure enough it is mine as it has my last name on it. I wonder if our hybrids will be manufactured side by side considering we ordered it exactly the same as each other.

I still can't access my window sticker yet, since I just received my VIN last Friday. Since color is the same, both our cars maybe assembled in the same batch. I'm hoping my window sticker will show up on Ford's system next week since the car is supposed to be build the week of 10/19.

I still can't access my window sticker yet, since I just received my VIN last Friday. Since color is the same, both our cars maybe assembled in the same batch. I'm hoping my window sticker will show up on Ford's system next week since the car is supposed to be build the week of 10/19.

That would be awesome as I want my car to arrive before Thanksgiving. I usually have to run a LOT of errands around Thanksgiving as I deliver early Christmas presents to family and friends, and that would give me a chance to really take the car for a spin. The 3 days after Thanksgiving is when I rack up about 250 miles per day delivering stuff.

The window sticker for my Ice Blue MMH just showed up yesterday as well, 13 weeks after I placed the order. It is scheduled to be built this week.

I had an order date of Sept 9, a build date of Oct. 2, and a delivery date of Oct 20, but can't pick it up until 3 days later because of my schedule... can't wait

Okay, I just got a call from my dealer. They told me that my vehicle goes into production anyday now and that it is scheduled to arrive the week of 10/26/09

Okay, I just got a call from my dealer. They told me that my vehicle goes into production anyday now and that it is scheduled to arrive the week of 10/26/09

Good for you :happy feet:

Glad to see the long wait is finally coming to an end. You ordered about a week before I did for the same color & options, and you can access your window sticker online. I've been told a build date of 10/19, but still can't see my window sticker yet. I am hopeful I will see the car in the first 2 weeks of Nov, which is about a week after you will take delivery.

Just in time to take a long drive down to see the folks for Thanksgiving, and to "breakin" the new car :shift:

Good for you :happy feet:

Glad to see the long wait is finally coming to an end. You ordered about a week before I did for the same color & options, and you can access your window sticker online. I've been told a build date of 10/19, but still can't see my window sticker yet. I am hopeful I will see the car in the first 2 weeks of Nov, which is about a week after you will take delivery.

Just in time to take a long drive down to see the folks for Thanksgiving, and to "breakin" the new car :shift:

I just called up Ford customer care, and my Fusion Hybrid is currently sitting in Tuscon, AZ waiting to be transferred from Union Pacific to CSX. FCC gave me an arrival date of 10/28. Damn, I don't know if I can wait that long as this final 1.5 week wait is going to be long and painful.

I just called up Ford customer care, and my Fusion Hybrid is currently sitting in Tuscon, AZ waiting to be transferred from Union Pacific to CSX. FCC gave me an arrival date of 10/28. Damn, I don't know if I can wait that long as this final 1.5 week wait is going to be long and painful.

I finally got my MMH tonight! It only took 15 weeks!

I also found out what the hold up was. When I asked for a copy of the DORA, they also included a copy of an e-mail they received from Ford advising them that they needed additional info to complete the order. I placed the order on 7/11, but the e-mail was dated 9/23. There was a hand-written note at the bottom saying that the order was resubmitted that day. Good thing they got it in before 9/30.