Rodeo

Is this Factory or Aftermarket Chrome?

Found this photo of a Sport model with this chrome trim piece under the center brake light. I don't see that on other Sports so is this an aftermaket item? (If so, know where to get it?)

ag_10fusionsport_ltrear.jpg

It's factory. SEL and SPORT models have it. S and SE have body color I believe.

But it's not on THIS Sport?

006_fusion2010garage.jpg

Hi Rodeo. :D From another Fusion/Milan/MKZ forum, the consensus seems to be that rear trim piece varies on the Sport model according to whether you have the rear view camera or not.

Do not recall at the moment which way it works, but essentially one has chrome trim there, the other has body colored. So with the rear view camera will come one way, without the camera will have the other.

I can not vouch for that information personally, but it is the accepted wisdom on the other forum.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Interesting. I am likely to get it with the back up camera but do think I prefer the one without the chrome trim back there (in black as shown too). But if there's no choice then there's no choice! You are a wealth of knowledge on these aren't you? Thanks!

You may be correct. The one without the chrome was a "reviewer" car that only had AWD and the back up alarm (plus moon and tune) but no electronic package and no heated seats etc. So if your theory holds true, if you get electronics you get the chrome.

There is a "monochrome package" now available on SEL and Sport 2010 Fusions. It gets rid of the chrome, and paints the grille body color, and I'd be willing to bet that chrome trunklid piece gets painted too. Check it out: Appearance Packages

There is a "monochrome package" now available on SEL and Sport 2010 Fusions. It gets rid of the chrome, and paints the grille body color, and I'd be willing to bet that chrome trunklid piece gets painted too. Check it out: Appearance Packages

Can't be because the new "Appearance" packages are only available on the SE and SEL models, not the SPORT. Good guess though..

EDIT - Ooops. Rodeo was answering at the same time and typed faster than I did. Slow fingers here! :stats:

Always remember to blame your computer, never yourself or your typing speed! Anyway, two confirming answers are always better then one.