Sign in to follow this  
Rodeo

Ambient lighting QUESTIONS

A couple of quick questions regarding the Ambient Lighting LEDs and....

1. I have read reviews that state the LEDs are annoying because they (all or some of them) are in plain sight in the Fusion. Does anyone find the exposed LEDs to be annoying?

2. Can the level of light output be dimmed and can it be turned off completely? If you can turn it off, will it remain off the next time you restart the car?

3. Lastly, a bit off topic but does the Fusion have DRL? (Daytime reduced-headlight output, a.k.a. running lights that illuminate by themselves during the day?)

Rodeo.

I don't think the exposed LED's are annoying. They are really not that big.

You can't adjust the brightness of the ambient lights. However, Ford currently offers Ambient Lighting that can be dimmed in the 2010 Taurus and 2010 Mustang. Maybe the dimming feature will be added to future Fusions.

To turn the ambient lights off, just continue to press the button til they go off. There are 7 colors so the 8th time you press the button they will go off.

As far as DRL's, only Fusion's sold in Canada (where DRL's are required by law) have DRL's.

Hope this helps.

Rodeo.

I don't think the exposed LED's are annoying. They are really not that big.

You can't adjust the brightness of the ambient lights. However, Ford currently offers Ambient Lighting that can be dimmed in the 2010 Taurus and 2010 Mustang. Maybe the dimming feature will be added to future Fusions.

To turn the ambient lights off, just continue to press the button til they go off. There are 7 colors so the 8th time you press the button they will go off.

As far as DRL's, only Fusion's sold in Canada (where DRL's are required by law) have DRL's.

Hope this helps.

It does, Thanks!

So if I find them annoying at least I can turn and leave them off. And I'm kind of glad the Fusion does not have DRLs. I like to control my own lights when I deem them necessary, etc.

I don't mind the ambient lightings, some of the colors I am not hip on but they can be left off if you wish. DRL, I wish they had them here in US. I run with mine 24/7 for safety. It really does increase the chance of others seeing you on the road.

I don't mind the ambient lightings, some of the colors I am not hip on but they can be left off if you wish. DRL, I wish they had them here in US. I run with mine 24/7 for safety. It really does increase the chance of others seeing you on the road.

is your V6 the 3.5 or the 3.0?

Looking to ask a few questions about the 3.0 with AWD