ralteredstates

BT phone volume

When I place a call via BT and it connects, the starting volume is always extremely low. I cannot hear the person on the other end. I have to repeatedly push the volume up button on the wheel with every call. My last car had a way to preset the startup volume of the connected call (I am not talking about the Sync feedback volume which is adjustable). Anyone have this problem and anyone with a fix?

I think mine starts at the volume level on my phone. If I change the volume on the phone I see it change on the car display, but not the other way around. I usually have to turn it up.

Jon

I don't have this problem at all. Maybe try a different brand phone. It could be phone problem. If not, take it to the dealer to have it looked at.

Mine starts out at about 25%. I figured they set it that way to protect the speakers so I haven't even looked at a way to change it.

Mine starts out at about 25%. I figured they set it that way to protect the speakers so I haven't even looked at a way to change it.

Fortunately the radio volume is separate from the BT volume. I have to crank it way up to max to hear

it, but when phone hangs up, radio is regular again. I am not sure if this is a phone issue or this is

intended this way.

Does anybody have this same issue with a non-iPhone?

Everything else has preset volume levels i.e. nav voice, radio. Why not the BT for the phone!!!!

Everything else has preset volume levels i.e. nav voice, radio. Why not the BT for the phone!!!!

Just first be sure the volume is turned up to max on your phone. Flip it open and after you get dial tone, raise the volume to max on the phone. I'll bet that cures your problem.

I had similar problems with my Garmin GPS via BlueTooth. I use my phone hands free and it rings through the GPS speaker so I can answer it with one touch and talk hands free. (GPS has a speaker and microphone). I kept having your problem until I figured out that the phone volume was overriding things and was set too low. Try it! In other words, if the phone is set to vibrate, it won't ring at all.

One of the manuals actually says to check the phone volume or the online sync site. Somewhere I read it however, not all phone are the same. So, I still question why I/you can't preset the volume to work with a particular phone.

BTW, the ringer is quite loud enough.

One of the manuals actually says to check the phone volume or the online sync site. Somewhere I read it however, not all phone are the same. So, I still question why I/you can't preset the volume to work with a particular phone.

BTW, the ringer is quite loud enough.

I agree. the ringer is loud enough; I just can't hear the person on the other end. I'm using an iPhone and if I have to raise the volume on the phone, I'll have to reduce it next time I'm using it w/o BT. Poor setup for the Sync system.