smr2112

Protecting the Leather in the Fusion

I am curious what, if any, protection people have used for the leather seats

and vinyl dash, in their 2010 Fusions (or older if the same type of leather)?

I usually want to rush to protect everything and wax the new car, but

I am waiting a few weeks to make sure I don't mess it up and can devote

enough time for waxing, etc when it's not too hot out - the car isn't fading yet.

Once protectant stuff is on, you're mostly stuck with it for a while. But I think

this stuff will make the seats and dash look great with UV protection.

http://www.blackfireusa.com/blinpr.html

This is my new favorite product. It is highly unusual stuff and I have throw out

all leather protectors I had used with my old Acura. This stuff is unique and it

actually bonds to the leather and is not the least bit greasy. Nano-technology

they call it and it does exactly what it says. Different than anything else I have

ever used.

My wife sells high end office furniture and we put this on some of her expensive leather chairs.

She and I were very impressed and makes them shine while protecting from UV. She now officially

uses this stuff on her samples she takes to clients. Not even the least bit slick, oilly or greasy.

I will likely use this in a few weeks, but curious what

others have done.

Any pictures (I will take some before/after too with this) would be interesting to see others.

You can use this on the vinyl dash, steering wheel, seats, arm rest, center console, etc.

Not cloth of course.

My only question about this stuff is long-term use. Fading isn't an issue, because you

can reapply, but anything that bonds to the material is something you want to be

careful with. I did use some on my friends 2009 fusion dash as a test and it looked great.

303 is also great stuff, but not really good on leather. Stay away from Armor All anything (but you

knew that) - yuk!

Tell us what you use, I'm open minded and no rush. Is it a Ford product that is recommended in

the manual somewhere?

I am not too worried about the dash as I know that product is not very shiny unline

Armor All. I am more curious what people have used that they are happy with in

combination with this very car.

I knew they treat the heck out of the leather so may not really need anything.

Add another vote for Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Protectant. Good stuff, have used it on many vehicles with no problem ever.