fsb99

Something weird

Anyone gotten anywhere with the MPG history reset issue? Mine seems to reset while driving every 200 miles or so; I have also seen the right LCD flicker. Doesnt give me a warm and fuzzy.

I have started reseting my instant mpg just about every trip. Have not noticed any flicker but then again I am not glued to the readout. Have not tried reseting the overall mpg wich at this time is 40.4

Would think Ford could put in an upgrade or reboot the computer?

I have started reseting my instant mpg just about every trip. Have not noticed any flicker but then again I am not glued to the readout. Have not tried reseting the overall mpg wich at this time is 40.4

Would think Ford could put in an upgrade or reboot the computer?

After my last visit to the Dealership......I came to the conclusion that...........it's no use to complain about anything since Bob Fosse is directing the PR and how to handle the complaints........Huge production song and dance if you didn't get my drift.

Funny thing is I just told the DW (Dear Wife) that we are gonna just drive this thing until it drops or we reach the 70,000 mile mark. That's when the Extendeded warranty has room to spare so we can sell it privately with a warranty. Anyhow.............Everything I have mentioned here still happens every so often to my vehicle. I can also add a squeek in the brakes (front) when I apply them at a stop. Happens just prior to the full stop like the wear indicators are showing......but I have just 5100 miles on the car. Haven't had a car go less than 45,000 on brakes in years so.......WTF!!!

Just so ya'll know.....I hold no contempt toward the Tech assigned my vehicle. He's done his level best to find out things only to be just as frustrated with things as me.....well not quite....he has to retain his job so.......he only goes so far against the grain but I understand.

The explanation he was given and then in turn gave to me is that the computers on these vehicles......have a mind of their own. They just do things from time to time and well.....that's just normal. Sounds like I'm talking to Forest Gump........Normal is as normal does. B.S. If ya don't have an answer say so but don't just chalk it up to something hatched up your arse and then layed on the table. That's directed to the Tech Line.

Personally, I've been saying all along that the computer programming or board is at the root of my issue(s) and the fact they acknowledge it gives me some comfort but it fades quite quickly.

I'm so happy for those of you that don't have to experience any of this. It's a great feeling to have a vehicle that you get in, turn the key and not have to wonder what the hell is gonna happen again or next. I really miss that. Kinda reminds me of the 2006 Odyssey I traded in on the FFH and my wife's Prius.

But I save the kicker for last......my daughter doesn't even want my vehicle.....even if we were to give it to her when she get's he license. She wanted the 05 Accord we traded in on the Prius and falt out hated the idea of getting the Prius when it came time....that was until I told her she'd get the FFH.

Styling, handling, gadgets are absolutely nothing if the vehcile doesn't perform equally and without issue as it does for the majority of other owners out there. Unfortunately, there just haven't been enough issues for Ford to take notice so it's easy to brush those of us that have off.

In order for my own peace of mind......this is my last post on the subject.

Thanks for all the help.

Oh yeah!!!!!! Be careful about the resets/reboots......they do good for a few hundred miles or so but the problems/issues just keep resurfacing. Plus they will wipe all of the driving data and any info that might have triggered a code (2 or more instances take a code I was told) and you start from square one as if you just bought the vehicle every time they do this. They've done my FFH 3 times so in reality.......I may see 5100 miles but it's actually more like 1800 in the computers screwed up mind.

One last question..............It dawned on me that most of today's transportation utilizes the same basic computer technology that the FFH does. Understanding the whole apples and oranges I'll give that the comparison I am going to use is a bit outside the realm but then again.....it's not. My question is.....If you are on an Airbus A-380 or a B-777 crossing the ocean and the computer on that plane all of a sudden and indiscriminantly reset itself or the screens in front of the crew on the flight deck fluttered.........would you consider that a normal operation and would you be happy knowing that was the answer the Maintanance team gave or accepted?

Edited by oldschool1962