fsb99

Something weird

Something weird happened to my dash yesterday. I filled up and drove home, then made a couple of small trips and done for the night. I woke up this morning and started my drive and found that the dash went from Empower to Enlighten and all my short term averages are gone. No one else at home to mess with my car, which is in a garage all night. Anyone else experience this? Seems like it reset itself to some kind of default setting.

Not that, but I swear that a few times while driving, with my peripheral vision, there was a noticeable onscreen "twitch" where the displays suddenly went a little bit lighter. I thought it happened a few times before, but wasn't absolutely sure because my eyes were concentrated on the road. But the last time I was stopped when it happened, looking straight at the screen. :shrug: The AC was turned off, so it wasn't a result from that specific load demand. Kinda freaked me out.

Something weird happened to my dash yesterday.

Mine did the same thing about three weeks ago. I parked at a grocery store, went in for a few minutes and did not notice it until I got on the road home. I don't know what caused it but feel like it will happen again.

My leaves went missing once. They disappeared all together. A stop light I turned the car off and back on and they came back. We all have first generation software. I think little issues like this are expected. I hope (and have no idea if true) there will be a software service pack that can be loaded at a later date. I have no idea if that was even contemplated with our FFHs.

My leaves went missing once. They disappeared all together. A stop light I turned the car off and back on and they came back.

I had the exact same thing happen to my histogram.

My dash has been fine so far, only 280km on it (yes Canadian) but on my voice activated climate controls, I noticed that it went from Celsius to Fahrenheit. But as soon as I went back in to it, was back at Celsius. Definitely will be keeping eye on everything else, thank Ford for the FMPP extended Warranty!

Stars must have been perfectly aligned last night. Made it one and one-half months before my long-term odometer magically reset itself. :confused: Woke up this morning, and the 41.5 overall MPG's were all gone, replaced by a big-fat zero. That's too bad, I really liked the convenience of the accumulated MPG's.

more scary: My Sync stopped responding completely tonight. I shut the car off and restarted but still not sync. Radio worked. After about 1 hour parked at a restaurant, I came out and everything worked again. I think this is just a microsoft trait. You must reboot every so often to keep things working. The quick start and stop didn't allow the computer to fully reboot.

Visit your dealer, there is a TSB on the ecm, and I think it may solve the dash reset issue....Mine did it to, then the next day the speedometer stuck at 0, and nothing I tried would make it work again. The computer update Ford issued has resolved both problems so far.

Mine has reset as described at least 3 times. Mostly an annoyance and I am curious why it's

doing this? Anybody have a subscription to see these real TSBs? A 1 year subscription from

Motorcraft is $99 and it would be worth sharing these.

Can you describe the TSB for this reset and provide the # if you know?

Is there a way for the user/driver to tell what version the ecm is at or does it require a scanner that the dealer uses (would a scangague help) ?

The public is supposed to be able to access a summary of all TSBs. I have found that to be only somewhat true as some seem to make it slowly onto the system, and some never seem to make it. A current search for 2009 Fusions only gets a few hits (and I know that there are more than this):

Make : FORD Model : FUSION Year : 2009

Manufacturer : FORD MOTOR COMPANY

Service Bulletin Number : TSB-08-26-14 Date of Bulletin : MAY 01, 2009

NHTSA Item Number : 10028506

Component : ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM:EMISSION CONTROL:CRANKCASE (PCV)

Check to Request Research. Submit below. Get Summary

Component : ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM:EMISSION CONTROL

Component : POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)

To run a search go to :

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/tsbsearch.cfm

Is there a way for the user/driver to tell what version the ecm is at or does it require a scanner that the dealer uses (would a scangague help) ?

Oman, I checked that site and there are no service bulletins for 2010 FFH. I'll call my dealership to see if they know if this is a known issue with a fix.

My instrument cluster reset itself as I posted in my "SmartGauge reset on its own" thread. For some reason I thought the instrument cluster is also called a SmartGauge and my forum search for this issue came up empty. I have over 2000 miles and the car is one month old.

The actual TSBs you have to pay for, I think I saw you can buy them on the Motorcraft site.

The safety bulletins and recalls - what Oman showed - are all publicly available. The TSBs

were $100 for a year subscription I think....there may be some overlap.

All the fun and interesting stuff is in the non-safety TSBs. I don't know if it's legal, but be worth it if

people threw in a few bucks and could share them - which I don't know if that's legal

either. I am debating buying a subscription.

Visit your dealer, there is a TSB on the ecm, and I think it may solve the dash reset issue....Mine did it to, then the next day the speedometer stuck at 0, and nothing I tried would make it work again. The computer update Ford issued has resolved both problems so far.

My speedometer decided to stop working about 2 months into ownership of a 2010 FFH. The dealer said a TSB on the issue came out and necessitates a reprogramming flash. This resolved the speedo issue. About a month later, I had the same issue the OP notes, with reset of the panel and mpg history. Perhaps there is another flash available for this issue. I also had the brightness twitch. Kind of buggy so far. We'll see. It's such a nice rig I hope it settles out soon. It's making me think again about an extended warranty.

Noel

I've had one MPG reset, at about 2500 miles. Had parked car in a parking ramp. As I restarted it a couple of hours later, the MPG rolled downwards to zero, then began to roll upwards again as I drove. But lost the 'history'. Hasn't recurred, however, and now have about 4500 miles on the car. I will ask about it when I go in for first service.

I've also noticed a good gain in mpg as the car 'matures' -- I'm sure it's partly due to my learning how to take advantage of the terrain, how to stop and start, and so forth. My morning commute, however, is very short, and so a fair bit of my routine trips are done on a cold engine. But on longer city drives I can routinely get over 40, sometimes well over (e.g., 45 or more). On a recent road trip of 300 mi, I got 40-41 in 90%+ highway driving at ca. 67-68 mph.

Well, it just happened to me. I think it just turned 2700 miles. Is there something with the amount of data being retained? Perhaps, too much data and it clears out? Seems around 2500 miles this is happening to a lot of people.

Well, it just happened to me. I think it just turned 2700 miles. Is there something with the amount of data being retained? Perhaps, too much data and it clears out? Seems around 2500 miles this is happening to a lot of people.

It happened to my MMH at around 300 miles, so it might not have anything to do with distance.

I have also seen the panel intensity change (the twitch as folks here are calling it); but I noticed that it occurs when going under a wide overpass (or tunnel). Perhaps this is associated with automatic dimming?