I use an 8gb usb drive, voice control works for me. I had mp3s on a DVD at first, but its unusable. Songs would sometimes take several seconds to switch and their metadata would not show up. USB with the same files works perfect.

Just curious if you used several folders or one on the DVD. I've been using the mp3s on DVD under one folder with no issues as of yet. I was wondering if maybe more folders caused a lag time or maybe I just don't notice the song transition time (which is highly likely). I'm really bad with listening to mp3s---tend to switch the songs before they end.

Just curious if you used several folders or one on the DVD. I've been using the mp3s on DVD under one folder with no issues as of yet. I was wondering if maybe more folders caused a lag time or maybe I just don't notice the song transition time (which is highly likely). I'm really bad with listening to mp3s---tend to switch the songs before they end.

I burned a playlist with itunes. It puts songs inside album folders that are inside artist folders. You can't use voice with mp3 dvds and MUST browse by filename/foldername which is super annoying. With USB you can just throw mp3s on to the drive and you can browse by genre, artist, album, anything. Definitely worth the $20 for 8gb drive.

At first voice control with the usb was annoying because you had to go "audio" -wait- "sync" -wait- "play artist XXXX". There is a option in the menu settings for SYNC VOICE CONTROL, it defaults to off. If you turn it on and you are on the media page voice control will default to the "sync" menu. So you can just say "play artist XXXX" without going through the other menus. Huge timesaver.

Just to confirm, if mp3's are in folders, ie... <artist>/<album>/<title>.mp3 they will work correctly with voice commands? I keep all of my albums meticulously organized and would be bummed if I have to toss everything in one giant folder just to get voice commands to work properly.

*I think if I remember my test drive correctly, I used a USB stick of mine with mp3's in their correct folders and it all worked fine, just want to confirm that after some things said on here.

Just to confirm, if mp3's are in folders, ie... <artist>/<album>/<title>.mp3 they will work correctly with voice commands? I keep all of my albums meticulously organized and would be bummed if I have to toss everything in one giant folder just to get voice commands to work properly.

*I think if I remember my test drive correctly, I used a USB stick of mine with mp3's in their correct folders and it all worked fine, just want to confirm that after some things said on here.

I get connection error/see dealer when I try & plug in any USB drive. Also get the same msg when I plug in an iTouch. Will the fuse pull out for 10 seconds trick work to solve this?

I have the folders on my usb drive organized the same as itunes does it. Works perfect.

I get connection error/see dealer when I try & plug in any USB drive. Also get the same msg when I plug in an iTouch. Will the fuse pull out for 10 seconds trick work to solve this?

I just got this the other day too, happened after about an hour of playing music on USB. I stopped the car (turned key off) waited about 10 seconds and restarted. problem went away. By the way when it happened to me ALL the controls stopped on the dash (ie, couldn't tune radio, couldn't change volume, climate control went dead too)

If restart doesn't clear take it to the dealer.

Peter