smr2112

Splash Guards for 2010 Fusion Hybrid

Has anybody gotten any set of splash guards from Ford to work on the 2010 Hybrid?

I still have mixed results in trying to be certain before I order them. I know there is

an issue with the Sport, but unclear about the 2010 FFH specifically.

Anybody actually get these installed on the car? Worse case I'll have the dealer order

both and see which (if any) works.

The left rear could be the problem.

Requirements are:

1) Prefer molded with Fusion Logo, will consider flat ones or others.

Part: 6E5Z-16A550-AA - http://www.troyfordaccessories.com/Fusion-...0-aa-fusion.htm

2) Must *not* have white Ford logo though, but this is what Ford shows

Part: XF2Z-16A550-AC - http://www.partscheap.com/Ford_Fusion_Spla...z-16a550-ac.htm

3) This one is also an alternative and has same part # as 2) - so which is right?

Part: XF2Z-16A550-AC - http://www.partscheap.com/v/vspfiles/photo...0-AC-9FX-2T.jpg

Lots of info right here: Flaps?

Read this, but not clear. I think the person says it didn't fit the 2010 Sport, but nothing about the 2010 FFH specifically.

Had the dealer order me the "Fusion" (4) set and I did not have to pay in advance as a special order. If

they don't make sense in placing them on the vehicle, I can give them back without cost. Worth

trying that first.

The ones with the Ford logo are also unclear if it's the "white" Ford logo, or "molded in" black logo.

I see them both ways with the same part #.

Read this, but not clear. I think the person says it didn't fit the 2010 Sport, but nothing about the 2010 FFH specifically.

Had the dealer order me the "Fusion" (4) set and I did not have to pay in advance as a special order. If

they don't make sense in placing them on the vehicle, I can give them back without cost. Worth

trying that first.

The ones with the Ford logo are also unclear if it's the "white" Ford logo, or "molded in" black logo.

I see them both ways with the same part #.

Oh yeah, there is total confusion out there regarding this! Ford dropped the ball. Right now there are no molded flaps to specifically fit any 2010 Fusion. They are not out yet. What you can get now are flat flaps, that will "fit" almost any car. Those are the p/n XF2Z-16A550-AC ones.

I guess I can live with ford dropping the ball a little when you consider we are getting a 2010. I just hope they have it resolved before the winter months. Anyone know what size diameter tire I can get into a wheel well? I have a new set of 215-60-17 winter tires from my old car and they look like they are going to be a weeee bit tight.

I have 235/45-18 tires on mine, which are 26.33" diameter. There are some very tight areas for clearance, especially at several suspension components. I was even told "those won't fit!" by the dealer, but they actually do, barely. Now your 215/60-17 tires are 27.16" diameter, almost 1" bigger than what I have. I'd say there is a 95% chance they will rub on something. However, being quite narrow, maybe not. Plus, your speedometer/odometer will be off almost 5% if you use those tires.

Just got this info, from the Ford parts guy.....

Dan,

I just received new information from Ford, they are estimating, something they're not very good at, that moulded splash guards for the 2010 Fusion will be available sometime in October. Mark your calendar, and check back with us then, I guess, is the best I have to offer.

Scott

Ford Parts Direct

Customer Support Team

That was an update from Scott's previous message, on July 13:

Dan,

I sent a note to engineering and here’s what I got back from the Engineering Team:

"The current set of molded does not carryover to 2010...as you're probably aware. We will be releasing a new rear molded splash guard for 2010 to accommodate the changes to the rear bumper. The current front guard does carryover to base Fusion, but will not fit Fusion Sport due to the rocker molding found on the sport package. At the end of the day...we will be offering 2-pc kits for 2010 Fusion...front (current design) and rear (new design in process) sold separately".

So yes, we are working on new offerings, but I have not been provided with any release timing, sorry. Please check back with us later in August or September, and hopefully Ford will have caught up with themselves. Thank You

Scott

Ford Parts Direct

Customer Support Team

Well that's unfortunate. My FFH goes in tomorrow to have the spoiler installed, and I asked if they could put Splash Guards on it. The guy figured that because the Milan 09' splash guards fit the '10 body style same "should" be for the Fusion. I'll bring it up tomorrow, to make sure they do not install the '09 Splash Guards if they don't fit. I'm sure they won't.

Bought our Fusion Hybrid several weeks ago and there are no mudflaps as of last week. If we hear of them being available I will post it.

Bought our Fusion Hybrid several weeks ago and there are no mudflaps as of last week. If we hear of them being available I will post it.

Please do. This is getting ridiculous!

Saw an '09 Fusion today and the area at the rear wheel where the mud flap mounts is different from the '10 model.

So it's now November, and the promised "October" has come and gone. Ford site as of today still has no 2010 molded Hybrid mudflaps. Dealer last week said same thing.

Ford - winter is coming. Time to release these so we don't ruin our cars with kicked up gravel and salt!

So it's now November, and the promised "October" has come and gone. Ford site as of today still has no 2010 molded Hybrid mudflaps. Dealer last week said same thing.

Ford - winter is coming. Time to release these so we don't ruin our cars with kicked up gravel and salt!

Yep. Would you believe they don't really care??? This sucks!

Has anybody gotten any set of splash guards from Ford to work on the 2010 Hybrid?

I still have mixed results in trying to be certain before I order them. I know there is

an issue with the Sport, but unclear about the 2010 FFH specifically.

Anybody actually get these installed on the car? Worse case I'll have the dealer order

both and see which (if any) works.

The left rear could be the problem.

Requirements are:

1) Prefer molded with Fusion Logo, will consider flat ones or others.

Part: 6E5Z-16A550-AA - http://www.troyfordaccessories.com/Fusion-...0-aa-fusion.htm

2) Must *not* have white Ford logo though, but this is what Ford shows

Part: XF2Z-16A550-AC - http://www.partscheap.com/Ford_Fusion_Spla...z-16a550-ac.htm

3) This one is also an alternative and has same part # as 2) - so which is right?

Part: XF2Z-16A550-AC - http://www.partscheap.com/v/vspfiles/photo...0-AC-9FX-2T.jpg

On another Fusion forum it is reported the 2010 splash guards will be available before Thanksgiving, 11/26.

On another Fusion forum it is reported the 2010 splash guards will be available before Thanksgiving, 11/26.

I again talked to a dealer today and they said Ford says the molded splash guards will be available in January.

I again talked to a dealer today and they said Ford says the molded splash guards will be available in January.

Just got an email from Ford Parts Direct, and have been told that the molded guards for 2010 SE/SEL/Hybrid (not "flat molded guards") will be available at the end of December. They keep pushing the date out. I wouldn't hold my breath guys.

My dealer called yesterday and told me that they have received a bulletin from Ford that they splash guards will be manufactured in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of December, so they MIGHT have them by end of the month.

Since mine were part of the deal when I bought the car, the dealer will order them immeidately when available and call me to let me know when they arrive, and I will post that here.

My dealer called yesterday and told me that they have received a bulletin from Ford that they splash guards will be manufactured in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of December, so they MIGHT have them by end of the month.

Since mine were part of the deal when I bought the car, the dealer will order them immeidately when available and call me to let me know when they arrive, and I will post that here.

Please get the part numbers! Thanks.

Please get the part numbers! Thanks.

According to the installation instructions, the part numbers are skae5j-16d576-aa front and skae5j-16d576-bb rear.

The posting date for the instructions was 2009-10-06 and 2009-10-20 on the Ford Accessory Web Site.

It is unbelievable that is is taking them so long to deliver this.

According to the installation instructions, the part numbers are skae5j-16d576-aa front and skae5j-16d576-bb rear.

The posting date for the instructions was 2009-10-06 and 2009-10-20 on the Ford Accessory Web Site.

It is unbelievable that is is taking them so long to deliver this.

I noticed for previous years they are listed as "molded" but these aren't. Could they be flat?

They have "Splash Guards, Molded, Front Pair" (Part number AE5Z-16A550-AA) listed at http://fordaccessoriesstore.com. They're $44.48, at least in my zip-code. Nothing about rear flaps, and no picture available.

Edited by seamusbleu

I purchased a set of four splash guards from the fordaccessoriesstore soon after picking up my new Fusion. At the time it stated they fit 2006-2010. The fronts fit fine but the rears were designed for the earlier model and there is a small gap between the bottom of the rear fender and the guard. I don't like the way the rears fit so I ordered a set of the flat guards and those don't fit because they are too wide to fit the front. I'm encouraged to read here that a guard designed for the 2010 is in the works. I'll keep checking the accessory web site. Those here in the know please keep us posted on when they become available.

My dealer got the front flaps in, but not the rear, and I picked them up.

Part numbers are AE5Z-16A550-AA and -BA.

The front flaps do NOT say "FUSION" on them like the prior years. They are plain black and so small as to seem useless.

post-4939-126485905513_thumb.jpg