Sign in to follow this  

8500s are darn near purple. There is a reason the OEMs go with 4500s.

Jon

Okay, a friend of mine that has a fusion came by to look at the HID's. We pointed the lights at a wall, and mine are basically pointing at the ground. I adjusted them to a little below stock, and now they work alot better. I still hate them but now its only a lower case hate. The blue hue will take some getting used to.

8500s are darn near purple. There is a reason the OEMs go with 4500s.

Jon

Okay, a friend of mine that has a fusion came by to look at the HID's. We pointed the lights at a wall, and mine are basically pointing at the ground. I adjusted them to a little below stock, and now they work alot better. I still hate them but now its only a lower case hate. The blue hue will take some getting used to.

well to clarify, HID upgrades are NOT illegal if done correctly. They must past highway rules though to be legal. In the 06-09 fusions, the headlights are not setup to take the HID beam and properly project it on the road so the beam is scattered and blinding oncoming drivers . The 2010 models have projector lenses which are more suitable for upgrades. In fact, if you check a little bit online, there are already people who have successfully upgraded to HID's in 2010 models without blinding other drivers. You can swap out your headlamps for aftermarket ones with projector lenses, but the cost and end result normally aren't worth the hassle. But yea, I wish ford would stop playing catch up on small things like this and start leading the pack.

well to clarify, HID upgrades are NOT illegal if done correctly. They must past highway rules though to be legal. In the 06-09 fusions, the headlights are not setup to take the HID beam and properly project it on the road so the beam is scattered and blinding oncoming drivers . The 2010 models have projector lenses which are more suitable for upgrades. In fact, if you check a little bit online, there are already people who have successfully upgraded to HID's in 2010 models without blinding other drivers. You can swap out your headlamps for aftermarket ones with projector lenses, but the cost and end result normally aren't worth the hassle. But yea, I wish ford would stop playing catch up on small things like this and start leading the pack.

After looking at the lights location on my car, a bulb replacement from the engine compartment looks impossible. Do you get to them from the bottom or does the front grill/bumper have to come off? TIA

After looking at the lights location on my car, a bulb replacement from the engine compartment looks impossible. Do you get to them from the bottom or does the front grill/bumper have to come off? TIA

When I did the HID's on my car the drivers side are very easy and so so arent the fog lights. The passenger side is a PITA, what I did was disconnected the coolant overfill tank I left the line on the bottom of the tank connected so I wouldnt get coolant everywhere. I then just moved that out of the way and that created just enough space to get to the lights.