rfruth

fusion hybrid door guard (body kit) ?

does a 2010 Fusion use the same exterior parts as a 2010 Fusion hybrid ? I don't have one yet so am thinking / dreaming ahead is yourhotcar.com any good, they have lots of stuff.

your hot car body kits link

Yes. The only Fusion model that is somewhat different is the Sport. But why would it matter, since almost everything they sell at "Your Hot Car" is listed as being "universal"? Looks like a bunch of ricer junk to me.

If you are actually looking for body side moldings (door ding guards?) check out SportWing. They make excellent products, which come pre-painted. I spent $100 and about 1 hour installing their body side moldings on my '10 SEL and they look exactly like "factory" parts.

...If you are actually looking for body side moldings (door ding guards?) check out SportWing.

Thanks for sharing this. I've been trying to find a non-ricer site for this very thing! Mucho appreciate!

Sportwing is a great source. I have their side body moldings on my 2010FFH and 2008 Edge. Great paint match!
Fantastic..... I was so impressed, I purchased a door guard, also a trunk lid bumper guard (might not install this one if I don't like it).

Sportwing is more my speed, thanks for the link and recommendation !

Fantastic..... I was so impressed, I purchased a door guard, also a trunk lid bumper guard (might not install this one if I don't like it).

I have an installation question...... just occured to me.

What do we reference the guard with when laying it out on the door. You don't reference to the ground because the car's rear end will be kicked up a bit, or there might be a full or empty tank, so the car's angle to the ground will be different.

Do we reference to the bottom sculptured area of the door? Do we reference to an imaginary line drawn from the top of both wheel wells? Do we reference to an imaginary line drawn from door handle to door handle? By referencing, I don't mean the height of the door guard from the ground. I mean, what do we measure from, our reference point when getting the guard on the car, to make it straight? I don't have the "artistic" eye.

Referencing to the wrong point will make the door guard appear crooked.

I have an installation question...... just occured to me.

What do we reference the guard with when laying it out on the door. You don't reference to the ground because the car's rear end will be kicked up a bit, or there might be a full or empty tank, so the car's angle to the ground will be different.

Do we reference to the bottom sculptured area of the door? Do we reference to an imaginary line drawn from the top of both wheel wells? Do we reference to an imaginary line drawn from door handle to door handle? By referencing, I don't mean the height of the door guard from the ground. I mean, what do we measure from, our reference point when getting the guard on the car, to make it straight? I don't have the "artistic" eye.

Referencing to the wrong point will make the door guard appear crooked.

Sportwing gives you detaled instructions. They take a measurement from the bottom edge of the door to the bottom edge of the strip. But the dimensions at the front/rear are different. Sorry I can't remember what the numbers are... but they are detailed on the instruction sheet.