kirkster57

Howdy - Just bought my Fusion Hybrid Last night

I am new to this forum and I am also the new owner of a 2010 Fusion Hybrid as of last night. I found the exact one I wanted at my local dealership (White Plat tri-coat & 502A). I don't have the car yet because I added paint sealant & a clear bra for the front end. I also ordered the power code remote. I should have the car tomorrow or Thursday. I traded in my 2007 Infiniti G35X to have the Fusion. The three things I will miss are, all whelll drive, homelink transmiter & push buton start. This car does have a zillion other features. I'm excited to get her home.

BTW the dealer wouldn't budge from MSRP. There are very few of them here in Minnesota and it's a supply and demand thing.

Kirk

I'm getting just about up to 1K miles, got it from Northland. Got a great trade-in value (a few weeks ago just before gas started to rise again) and they went just a wee bit under invoice. Where did you find yours? I'll miss the 4wd in the Winter, I do miss the Homelink, and it would have been nice of them to do keyless since it IS a hybrid. So far I'm loving it though.

Jon

I am new to this forum and I am also the new owner of a 2010 Fusion Hybrid as of last night. I found the exact one I wanted at my local dealership (White Plat tri-coat & 502A). I don't have the car yet because I added paint sealant & a clear bra for the front end. I also ordered the power code remote. I should have the car tomorrow or Thursday. I traded in my 2007 Infiniti G35X to have the Fusion. The three things I will miss are, all whelll drive, homelink transmiter & push buton start. This car does have a zillion other features. I'm excited to get her home.

BTW the dealer wouldn't budge from MSRP. There are very few of them here in Minnesota and it's a supply and demand thing.

Kirk

I bought mine from Apple Ford In Shakopee. My wife has a '07 Fusion and her's goes pretty good in the winter. It is my understadning that the tire on the hybrid are designed to have minimal rolling resistance, so how well they wrok with snow is yet to be seen. I just talked to my sales guy and hopfully I should be able to pick the car up tomorrow. They are doing the remote start now then it gets the venture shield then the paint sealant.

Gald to hear you are enjyoing yours. Did you get the nav with yours?

I'm getting just about up to 1K miles, got it from Northland. Got a great trade-in value (a few weeks ago just before gas started to rise again) and they went just a wee bit under invoice. Where did you find yours? I'll miss the 4wd in the Winter, I do miss the Homelink, and it would have been nice of them to do keyless since it IS a hybrid. So far I'm loving it though.

Jon

I bought mine from Apple Ford In Shakopee. My wife has a '07 Fusion and her's goes pretty good in the winter. It is my understadning that the tire on the hybrid are designed to have minimal rolling resistance, so how well they wrok with snow is yet to be seen. I just talked to my sales guy and hopfully I should be able to pick the car up tomorrow. They are doing the remote start now then it gets the venture shield then the paint sealant.

Gald to hear you are enjyoing yours. Did you get the nav with yours?

Hi, good going! I ordered a FFH a couple of weeks ago. No idea when it will show up. I'm curious about the sealant -- is it really worth it, or just a high cost dealer add-on?

The sales manager told me that of all the add ons they offer the clear bra (venture Shield & the paint sealant were worth the cost. I won't have to wax the car fro five years and any water spots they will take then out on theri dime. Worth $200 for me not to have to wax for five years.

Hope the wait isn't too long for your FFH

Kirk

Hi, good going! I ordered a FFH a couple of weeks ago. No idea when it will show up. I'm curious about the sealant -- is it really worth it, or just a high cost dealer add-on?

The salesguys just called and I am picking up my FFH tonight! Woo Hoo! I will let you all know how it goes.

kirk

I ordered mine on March 30th and I picked it up today. Grey with black interior, with 502A package.

Wasn't much negotiation on the price - MSRP. Living in CT - there is no sales tax for vehicles with more than 40 mpg.

This vehicle is totally amazing!!

I got mine last Thursday. They found the colors I wanted and got the car over night. 501A package. I am getting about 42 MPG highway without much effort. This car is awesome!

That's what I got! Picking it up Monday. I ordered on 3/31. I did sit in it today but could not take it home because it hasn't been prepped. :waiting:

Just drove mine from CT to Montreal - probably averaging 70-75 mph. The computer readout is saying that I averaged 35.0 mpg for the trip which included going through the Berkshires on the Mass Pike and Adirondacks mountains on the Northway in NY.

I topped off the gas tank before heading out this morning and only needed 2.1 gallons to replenish the tank after driving 104 miles which works out to 49.5 mpg. (I learned the lesson that you don't want to try to squeeze any extra gas into it - it tends to shoot all over - when it is full, it is full!)

You won't be disappointed - I do need to spend more time learning about the Sync and Nav setup - although at least the basics are pretty straightforward.

It would be interesting to get a thread going here for everyone to contribute, but so far a collection of 3 different FFH owners (one is me) is collecting detailed fill-up into and the on-board computer so far is over-estimating by 1.0-1.8MPG between the three. My commute is 50% 70MPH HWY and I'm averaging 36.3MPG actual computed mileage. I'm trying to drive as I always have.

Jon

That reminds me - I should go top mine off so next time I can measure how many gallons to fill-up and compare that to the computer's MPG readout. Sounds like your tank was over-filled initially, or you under-filled it, or your computer is way off!

congrats on your new car man. by the way, where do you plan to buy car accessories for your new car? im just curious. thanks.

Interesting web site in the car accessories link. Maybe that is an automatic sponsor thing that the forum software keys on. But, here y'all go for the Ford Fusion, as titled on the web page at that site. Mud flaps for our Fusion. LOL!:

http://www.usautoparts.net/catalog/?N=9230...d&md=Fusion

Congrats!

A reviewer I read on the net said the Fusion does not have LRR tires because Ford wanted to keep the price of replacing the tires low. I haven't asked Michelin if mine are LRR or not.

A reviewer I read on the net said the Fusion does not have LRR tires because Ford wanted to keep the price of replacing the tires low. I haven't asked Michelin if mine are LRR or not.

My FFH has factory LRR from Michelin. Just look at your sidewall stamping. Has Michelin X symbol.

mop & glow question / comment (err paint sealant) - for $ 200.00 go for it but last 5 years !? I know .8 inch but plan on a real wax job in two years ...

LRRs here. Reviewer must be inventing facts :>

Jon

My FFH has factory LRR from Michelin. Just look at your sidewall stamping. Has Michelin X symbol.

These are the exact tires on my car - along with a list of other parts for the 2010 FFH that

I am keeping track of. I too at one point, read that Ford did not plan to use LRR tires.

Then they saw how "off" the milage was I'm sure.

Anybody have some other tire on the car?

OEM Tires

Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 225-50-17

93V SL Green X / 420 A A / Max Load 1433 lbs.

$198.00 (as of 08-17-2009)

OE Fitments for This Tire/Size

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...=Energy+MXV4+S8

OIL FILTER

Fram ExtraGuard PH9566

Purolator PureOne PL10241

Motorcraft FL-910

Other equivalent filters:

* Motorcraft FL-910

* K&N HP-1002

* Mobil 1 M1-102

* Purolator PL10241 or L10241

* Wix 51215

* Baldwin BT8409

* Amsoil LF563

* Fram PH9566

* Champion PH

BULBS

Using the right bulbs

Replacement bulbs are specified in the chart below. Headlamp bulbs

must be marked with an authorized “D.O.T.” for North America and an

“E” for Europe to ensure lamp performance, light brightness and pattern

and safe visibility. The correct bulbs will not damage the lamp assembly

or void the lamp assembly warranty and will provide quality bulb burn

time.

Function Number of bulbs Trade number

* Headlamp high beam 2 H7LL

* Headlamp low beam 2 H11LL

* Front sidemarker lamp 2 168

* Front park/turn signal lamp 23457NAK (amber)

* Rear sidemarker lamp N/A LED

* Stop/tail/turn lamp 2 T20

* Backup lamp 2 921

* License plate lamp 2 C5W

* High-mount brake lamp N/A LED

* Fog lamp (if equipped) 2 H11

* Map lamp 2 12V6W

* Dome/reading lamp 6 578

* Visor vanity lamp - Slide on

* Rail system (SOR) (if equipped) 2 37 or 14V1CP

* Puddle lamp (if equipped) 2 W5

MOTORCRAFT PART NUMBERS

Component 2.5L iVCT engine

* Oil filter FL-2017-B

* Spark plugs 1

* Cabin air filter FP-67

* Low voltage (underhood) battery BXT-67-R

1 For spark plug replacement, see your authorized dealer. Refer to

I just bought mine two days ago and picked it up yesterday. Not many to choose from - I wanted a navigation system but could not get one. Hated the first half hour of driving, getting used to the brakes, getting the seat and steering wheel right. Much happier now that I am getting used to it. I am naturally a cautious driver and am seeing my MPG going up and up. Biggest problem was that I needed to transfer my sirius subscription over to the new car but the ESN was only 8 digit long instead of 12. The dealer and ford were not very helpful. In fact I left two voice mails at the dealers and never got called back. I emailed ford with no response. After several calls to sirius CSRs, finally got it straightened out.

Well, I hate to gush ... (I've had my FFH since May 2... I was the first one in Roanoke VA to possess one) but I have to say it's WONDERFUL. I'm getting 42-44 highway, and 36-58 mpg city (yes, I know that's a big range - so I'd say the average is 46-47. I hypermile moderately.

It drives, no it floats, and corners incredibly.

The dash is so much fun ... as one said, almost like a video game, getting the most out of the vehicle.

My car came with 6 mos. free Sirius ... though I like XM better.

I finally found a no-ethanol pump locally.

Just found out today that I can put a picture (from CD/DVD) onto left side of large screen in middle, as a sort of wallpaper.

BTW, if you use not the 4th level of detail, but the 3rd level, you can see that you can SLIGHTLY use electric over 47 mph, IF you are just barely pressing accelerator. It's not much push, but on level or near level path, I find I can really use the gas less. Has anyone else discovered this?