~<Phushun>~

Fog Light mod?

I am just thrilled with my car. Having the ability to run the fog lights with just the parking lights is great. Most cars from my experience only allow you to use the fog lights when the headlights are in use. That being probably because it is illegal to drive after sunset with just the fogs.

Now, my question is... Is there a way to run the fog lights with the parking lights on WITHOUT the keys being in the car? I would think that my car's fog lights turn off when I pull the keys out so there is less drain on the battery. However, I would really like to be able to leave my parking lights and fog lights on without the keys being in the ignition.

As trite as it sounds, I really like the look of walking into a store real quick just to walk out and see my gorgeous Fusion waiting for me with fog lights shining!

When I had a Contour SVT I had to re-wire the lights so that the car "thought" the headlights were on so that I could run the fogs without the headlights. Is there a similar way with the Fusion? If so, how?

Question: Want to run my fog lights WITHOUT the keys in the ignition. How can I do this?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. Great answer but bad news. Couldn't ask for more. The car is an '06 but I extended the coverage for over 100,000 miles for an additional $3000. Figured it was a Ford and wouldn't make it past 50k miles without major problems. Due to previous experience. Hope the Fusion lasts longer. I keep hearing Ford is making better cars every year. Thanks again for your thorough response. Still, sad news.

If you really want to do this (have fog lights on at any time), and don't care about warranties, there is a way to do it. If you have any electrical or automotive mechanical skills, it should be fairly straight forward. If not, don't try it. First, get an aftermarket fog light installation kit. Hella, Cibe, etc... sell kits with a switch, relay, fuses, wires, and instructions. You'll also need to get a couple of the Ford connectors that the fog lights plug into. Unplug the Ford harness from the bulbs. And then "install" the fog lights following the directions in the kit. It'll work, and by doing it this way you can revert everything back to stock by just plugging the factory harness back in at the bulbs.

its an 08. i know on my silverado i justed used a diode to keep the low and high beams on at the same time. i thought it might be as simple.