Fusion Hybrid Guide

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid: 52 mpg

After some in town driving and a long road trip I have some numbers on our car. On the interstate in N. Florida/S. Ga, at 75mph, we got a consistent 34.6 mpg. For long stretches at 60mph, the computer said that we were getting around 39.5 mpg. Driving around town for a couple of days with 4 adults in the car, we got 41.2 mpg.

The manual says that gas mileage should improve as time goes on, so we will see. It also advises using mileage over 4 tanks of gas to get an accurate mpg figure.

Running boards on a Fusion, are you kidding or ya going for the pimped out look ? Now a roofline spoiler on the other hand ...

Yeah that does sound kind of tacky, but hey, I guess to each his own :finger:

I'm not sure, but I think he is not talking about running boards like you would see on an SUV, but nicer looking door sill "boards". The ones standard are just stick-on plastic decals - definitely less than classy. And there isn't even the stickers on the back doors - they are naked.

I see that the older Fusion models have aftermarket sills that actually light up. If they make them with blue LED's I'd consider getting a set, but only if they are easy to install.

We have driven our fusion for over 2,000 miles now and we are averaging 39.4 MPG. I would say its about 50% city 50% high way.

This matches nicely with the combined EPA estimate of 39 MPG

The highest MPG we've gotten is 70 on a short city trip.

Its funny I'm not so pissed to see gas prices going up. I'm almost happy when they do! (They have gone up 40 cents in the past 2 weeks!)

I've got your 70mpg's beat. Yesterday, I rolled to my mailbox and back. The entire round-trip netted me 99mpg's :hysterical2:

maxpower220

These numbers do not suprise me. I get 40+ on the highway, but I do these things maybe different:

1. I don't use speed control, thus while I might hit 75 going down a hill and 65 going up, I will only average 70 mph.

2. I make sure the A/C is in recirculation mode, which allows you to run less blower for the same cooling

3. I keep the A/C temperature set at 72 and the blower speed as low as possible

4. I rarely floor the gas pedal, maybe only on steep hills to maintain 65 mph.

5. Headlights off during the day unless it's raining.

From my experimenting I'm pretty sure I would only average 35 mpg if I put it on speed control at 75 mph without the A/C optimized. But 35 mpg puts you in good company with expensive luxury diesel cars, plus on a 1000 mile trip, you'll get there an hour before I do, so don't feel bad.

After some in town driving and a long road trip I have some numbers on our car. On the interstate in N. Florida/S. Ga, at 75mph, we got a consistent 34.6 mpg. For long stretches at 60mph, the computer said that we were getting around 39.5 mpg. Driving around town for a couple of days with 4 adults in the car, we got 41.2 mpg.

The manual says that gas mileage should improve as time goes on, so we will see. It also advises using mileage over 4 tanks of gas to get an accurate mpg figure.

I have done 3 fill ups since getting our Fusion. It now has 1100 miles on it and is getting on average 40.5 mpg combined driving (35-75). The checks against the computer are ~99.98 correct for actual vs computed mpg. This is better than our Prius, which my wife now drives. I have made very few concessions in driving style to attain these numbers: use AC, headlights on, maintain speed of traffic. I am happy! This is in Denver, CO where there are some pretty consistent altitude changes.

maxpower220

These numbers do not suprise me. I get 40+ on the highway, but I do these things maybe different:

1. I don't use speed control, thus while I might hit 75 going down a hill and 65 going up, I will only average 70 mph.

2. I make sure the A/C is in recirculation mode, which allows you to run less blower for the same cooling

3. I keep the A/C temperature set at 72 and the blower speed as low as possible

4. I rarely floor the gas pedal, maybe only on steep hills to maintain 65 mph.

5. Headlights off during the day unless it's raining.

From my experimenting I'm pretty sure I would only average 35 mpg if I put it on speed control at 75 mph without the A/C optimized. But 35 mpg puts you in good company with expensive luxury diesel cars, plus on a 1000 mile trip, you'll get there an hour before I do, so don't feel bad.