mayo68

Adding factory nav?

Any update on this? I'm picking up a 2009 SEL with the audiophile system and would like to swap it out with the nav and still keep full SYNC integration.

Any update on this? I'm picking up a 2009 SEL with the audiophile system and would like to swap it out with the nav and still keep full SYNC integration.

Hi there... I do hope that you realize that most of the time the navi systems integrate in with the car directly... For example I have known some navi systems which directly link to the park/reverse/drive system and your spedometer... the reason why the manufacturer does this is so that if you are driving through a long tunnel (like those best known around washington DC) it can still calculate that you are driving and how far it has traveled on the road it last knew you were on...

Again I agree with the other post above that your quest is most likly impossible if not integrated in by the manufacturer and still integrate sync... Especialy since Sync is totally integrated in with the sound system and is expanded with the integrated radio (i.e. being able to control volume levels via voice).

Good luck.. In a way I hope you find the answer you are looking for somewhere out here on the great plains of the internet!

just curious, why go with factory nav when you can do aftermarket nav for nearly half the price?

just curious, why go with factory nav when you can do aftermarket nav for nearly half the price?

That's what I was thinking. Then again, if it can be pulled off relatively simply then the integration (both aesthetically and functionally) may be worth it.

I just got a new Cruchfield catalog and was looking at the better built in Nav. units and in order to come close to the Ford Nav it would cost you 12 to 15 hundred dollars plus I bet at least a few hundred to have it installed. Which puts it about even with the factory nav and still don't have all the built in features. Unless you have had a few days of driving a Fusion with the nav built in to really truely understand what all it does then you really can't make a informed desision. Of couse you can always buy one of those $69 nav units I see on sale at the discount chains but then again compare it to a $400 Garmin and it is like night and day. Thats what I feel about the Ford nav against the compartible aftermarket units.

Share a email i got from Ford Dealer in Dallas

"Mike,

As it stands right now , Ford is hammering out the procedures for adding a

factory Nav unit for the Fusion.

They are in the process, but there are still a few kinks that need to be

ironed to insure proper operation.

I will inform you when the upgrade is available."

2010 Model

Anymore updates to this great upgrade? I have a 2010 SE and would love to install one of these. I have the sync and audiofile built-in. Am I to understand that the mic is in the mirror?