billford

2010 - 2012 Fusion Hybrid High Voltage Battery TSB at 10 Years of Age

On 12/29/2020 at 9:41 PM, SunnyB said:

My car supposedly got the update at the dealer, but is still running at 29 mpg.   Interestingly, the problem arose after I got the airbag fix.

If you're not in really cold weather the dealer didn't update it.

It's possible the car is in a HVB re-conditioning mode that had been inhibited by the glitch. That causes the ICE to run for about 20 minutes and charge the HVB to over full. It then reverts to normal 50% level. The reconditioning mode requires the ICE to run for a period of time. If you turn the car off before it's complete it will initiate it again next time. Indication that it's reconditioning is charging the HVB to the top and staying there with the ICE continuing to run. If it's not that the dealer didn't do it right so take it back.

Edited by lolder

FusionDiffusion, thanks for the update!  Do you have a link where I can find "Application Performance Upgrade  22G04 Certain 2010 – 2012 Model Year Fusion / MKZ / Milan Hybrid Vehicles Hybrid Battery Reduced Electric Vehicle Operation BECM and PCM Software Update" so I can show the dealer.  Fords should have done this when they came out with the update that resolved this problem.  

I called my dealer and gave them the CSP #22G04.  They verified it applies to my two 2010 Mercury Milan Hybrids, and I set up an appointment for them to do the work.  The age fix I did two years ago works very well, and I hope I get at least as good hybrid performance after I visit the dealership. 

On Wednesday, I had my first 2010 Mercury Milan with the CSP.  To my surprise, they also did the driver's side airbag recall.  So far, the results are excellent, although it's hard to tell the difference between this CSP and the age fix which I did two year ago.  Today I had my other Mercury Milan done, but no driver's side airbag replacement (on order maybe next week).  Both cars have about 55 thousand miles, and the average mileage was slightly over 38mpg during the summer months with the age fix.