md13ffhguy

So, I need a new transmission.

So... I continued to drive this car for another 7 months after I first noticed signs of a failing transmission, and 6+ months and 16k miles after being told it needed to be replaced. Oddly, it never really seemed to get any worse, from a noise standpoint, however, the mileage continued to suffer. I started getting the feeling that I should do something about the problem soon, but I just couldn't bring myself to put thousands into a car with 118k miles. So, I took the hit and traded it in on an '18 FFH SE. Yes, I'm still upset about how it went with my '13. I truly believe I should have received better service and support. My dealer's service department failed me. Ford didn't really offer any significant help. In the end, I still think it was a very good car, with one majorly flawed part. So now I'll have owned the bookends of this generation of FFHs. Here's to hoping the last chapter is much better than the first!

I think the transmission problem was only on the 2013-14 but I get your point.

I'm curious what they gave you...if you don't mind us asking...

What did I get for a car with 118k miles, an obviously bad transmission, and a few dings I'd rather not talk about? Not much. Enough to get me out of it, though. Like I said, I took the hit. It just made sense. Look, I had wanted to get 200k+ out of this car, but it wasn't going to happen without a significant investment, which I want willing to make.

md13ffhguy,

you must be a glutton for punishment

Well, up until I first noticed the whining of the transmission around 98k, I always said it was the best car I ever owned. I'm willing to give it another go. I still think it's a good car. Nothing else out there won me over.

How does your gas mileage compare to your old one? How many miles do you have on your New One? :) Did you get the Michelin Energy Saver's?

Paul

I'll start a new thread soon to discuss my initial impressions of the 18. I only have 300 miles, so still getting used to it. Thanks for asking!

The new Toyota Camry and Honda Accord Hybrids are far better cars and the Accord is amazing. Buying one for my Son...no longer buying Ford's.

Meh. Didn't want one of those.