IraF

Navigation Map A5

How can I tell my map version? I thought I saw that on this thread but now I can't find it.

Remove your nav card from the center console (push down and it should click out), yours probably says 'A4' on it

I just get more frustrated with my decision every time I look at it or have to use it. I just expected more for my money.

Hey Bryan,

Would you like me to submit your feedback about the navigation system? If so, please PM your VIN, phone number, mileage, and your suggestions for improvement. If you're noticing actual addresses that are not showing up correctly on a map, I encourage you to report them here: http://here.com/mapcreator/

Kim

You were way too kind to that :censored: GrySql. :)

Now, to get this thread BACK ON TOPIC... The Ford Parts Site I use has it listed for $96.00, or something like that. Although I am not positive if the site is up-to-date.

oh that reminds me, watch the settings on MFT, if you choose ecoroute it will take you to places you never wanted to go to. I have seen it try to take me off the main highway for 20 miles and then back on the same highway. I have a spare A4 card, I wonder if my dealer would like to make a trade :)

Are these SD card updates purely for road/POI/map data or would it have any effect on the functionality (e.g., the way SiriusXM traffic reroutes or the routing engine itself for optimal routes)?

Thanks.

Since the cards are read only, there is no way to lock it to the VIN like the DVD's were. I can use the one I pulled from the Flex and use it in my MKT or Fusion. As long as the card can be fully read, it can be copied. They could however create a hidden lock file that cant be copied correctly that ties the software to the hardware regardless of a serial.

Had one glitch today with the MFT Nav where I-70E had a construction detour near Vail, CO, a natural enough error.

Somehow the latest Garmin map did have the detour though, amazing.

I bought an A5 card and headed to PA this weekend where I will definitely need the Nav, hopefully won't have any strange anomalies.