IraF

Here we go again with Stupidity

I cant run a VHR because the site has the wrong phone and I cant change it to mine, somehow, somewhere its locked up under a different account.

Well figured out the phone number issue. I have 2 accounts for some reason. I found the credentials saved for the owner.ford site and they are different for the Sync site. I logged into both and deleted the cars in the one account and can now use my phone number for the Lincoln.

However, why the hell do I need to provide a credit card for a $0 charge for Sync services???

Edit, well apparently my Lincoln MKT doesn't get a free Sync subscription, hence why it asks for a credit card. I have a choice of paying $60 or $199 for a 12 month subscription. I don't recall having to pay for one for my used 2010 FFH, so why do I have to pay for my more expensive used Lincoln? I guess I wont be able to use VHR in it.

Edit Edit, I guess I dont need Sync services to run a VHR, I was able to activate it without having the service. Strange freaking site.

Edited by acdii

I had to actually upgrade my MKT to the latest version, so it is actually showing the correct version now.

Hey everyone,

Management was immediately notified about this concern when I noticed it as a trending topic last week. I’ve also opened individual escalations for multiple owners. Until I hear back from our tech support team, I will not be able to provide further information on this issue. When information does become available, I’ll be sure to share it on this thread.

I had to actually upgrade my MKT to the latest version, so it is actually showing the correct version now.

acdii,

Thanks for the clarification on the meaning of Colo. I was way off! ;) I’m happy to double check your account to make sure everything is set up correctly. I don’t want you to miss out on any complimentary SYNC Services. I’ll just need your VIN and mobile phone number that you have paired to SYNC. Send me a PM if you’d like some assistance. From what I can tell, phone numbers are not being affected by the wrong SYNC version issue.

Saturday, March 15 at 8:49 AM EDT

The Sync web site is still broken.

The report on my car which has had 3.6.2 since August 2013.

SYNC with MyFord Touch Gen2 - V3.5.1

Six days and counting. :waiting:

Kim,

Someone needs to light a fire under these people. This is unacceptable.

My car insurance rate depends on me running a VHR within the next 9 days so State Farm can get the odometer reading.

With the web site screwed up I have no confidence State Farm will get the reading.

If they don't get the reading my rates will go up.

Is Ford going to pay the difference if my rates go up because of Ford incompetence?

murphy,

If you have any trouble running a Vehicle Health Report for your insurance company, please send me a PM describing exactly what is happening and I’ll assist.

Kim,

Is there any way to sync my sync to a second phone so my wife can run a health report with her phone?

tr7driver,

Each SYNC account on: www.Support.Ford.com is intended to be used with only one phone number at a time. Clicking CHANGE on the right side of the page (in the YOUR SYNC section) after logging in, will allow you to temporarily change this to your wife’s phone number. Only the active phone will be able to run a Vehicle Health Report or utilize SYNC Services for this account.

Your wife also has the option of creating her own SYNC account with a different email address. VINs can be added to multiple accounts. As long as her phone number is active, she’ll be able to run a Vehicle Health Report without affecting your account.

Kim

Your wife also has the option of creating her own SYNC account with a different email address. VINs can be added to multiple accounts. As long as her phone number is active, she’ll be able to run a Vehicle Health Report without affecting your account.

Kim

This is what happened with my account, I have two logins, which is why I had issues with my phone number. Looks like I got the sync services straightened out. Now the Fusion just needs to be corrected, it shows the wrong version installed.

I was able to run a VHR and the correct odometer reading showed up on the Sync page.

I have no way to know if State Farm will be able to access it. My agent does not have access to that data.

I can confirm that the Vehicle Health Report did successfully go through on 3/16/14 for your Fusion. Your insurance company will only receive information about the odometer reading, which is not being affected by the software version issue reported on this thread. Don't hesitate to PM me (either on here, or at: FordFusionEnergiForum.com) if anything does come up. The website issue has been well documented on your account and I'll be happy to verify any information you may need.

This is what happened with my account, I have two logins, which is why I had issues with my phone number. Looks like I got the sync services straightened out. Now the Fusion just needs to be corrected, it shows the wrong version installed.

I'm glad you got everything straightened out. If you ever get confused in the future, let me know and I'll look it up. I still haven't received an update on the software version concern yet.

Kim

Wait, next thing you know, they will ban you from the sync site like I was with their FB page. :)

Wait, next thing you know, they will ban you from the sync site like I was with their FB page. :)

Wow! Getting banned from a FB page takes some doing. Congrats! :worship:

Edited by SteveB_TX

Tuesday, March 18 at 4:04 PM EDT

The Sync web site is still broken.

The report on my car which has had 3.6.2 since August 2013.

SYNC with MyFord Touch Gen2 - V3.5.1

Nine days and counting. :waiting:

It just got worse.

Today I got a notice that it was time to renew my complimentary subscription to Sync Services.

I made two attempts to renew.

Both attempts aborted with the following message.

We're sorry. We experienced a system error while processing your request.

if you continue to experience problems, please contact us.

Return to the Support Homepage.

:cry:

Hey murphy,

I just checked my account (using Chrome) and I'm not noticing any issues with the purchase portion of the website. Try clearing your history and logging in again: www.Support.Ford.com

Are you choosing PayPal or a credit card to purchase?

Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Kim

It just got worse.

Today I got a notice that it was time to renew my complimentary subscription to Sync Services.

I made two attempts to renew.

The complimentary Sync Services on my MKZh are for 36 months from date of activation. Is it shorter on the FFH? :read:

Oops. NVM, just noticed you have to "renew" every year. Seems silly, but I guess that "renewal" is what you are talking about.

Edited by SteveB_TX

The complimentary Sync Services on my MKZh are for 36 months from date of activation. Is it shorter on the FFH? :read:

Oops. NVM, just noticed you have to "renew" every year. Seems silly, but I guess that "renewal" is what you are talking about.

My mistake! Thanks, SteveB_TX.

No payment method involved. I'm trying to do the first yearly renew of the 3 year complimentary service. Why it has to be renewed yearly is beyond me. It was the same with my 2010 Fusion Hybrid.

It's not a cookie problem. I use Firefox. I just tried it with IE, which I almost never use and thus it has no cookies, and got the same error.

I'm sorry; I misread your first post. I've confirmed that the website is not currently experiencing issues with the SYNC Services renewal process. It sounds like this may be affecting your individual account. I'm going to check your VIN to see if our records indicate that the renewal went through. I'll send you a PM letting you know what I find.

Kim

I had the same issues with the MKT, they cleared up after renewing the Fusion. I don't know why it said I had to buy the services on a rather new vehicle, I thought the service was transferred to the new owner, but once the Fusion renewed, the MKT showed as in service. I ran a VHR last night and it wouldn't let me view it until I selected a Lincoln dealer, wouldn't let me choose my dealer.