mrobinso8

TSB 13-7-11 Battery Saver Message

Well, if your drive is draining the battery, then the USB module is bad as it ISN'T SHUTTING DOWN! Run that past the mopes working on your car and see what they say. BTW, the moment the car door is opened, power is applied to the USB ports, so when they open the door and look, yeah, the light will be on. I have had my iphone plugged in all day, and never had issues, I have even had my Ipad plugged in, which draws twice what the iphone does, and everytime I go and open the door I can hear them switch from battery to usb by making that goofy bleep sound which means the USB power came on.

Sounds to me that your car has a faulty wiring somewhere sapping juice from the battery. Any mechanic worth his title should be able to determine if there is abnormal battery drain when the car is fully turned off. All it takes is a bridge tap between the car ground and the battery negative and a good meter. Compare the readings to a known good car that doesnt have BS issues.

That does appear to be the type of battery that should be used in our cars. I do like the Optima's they take a beating and come back. I had thought I killed the two in my F350, they were both DEAD, I mean DEAD! 1 volt was about all I saw. but after repeated high amp bursts and then some low amp deep charges, they both came back with enough juice to fire up a really cold diesel, without the aid of the starting cycle on the charger.

Hi folks,

I'm happy to lend a hand and see how I can assist. If you've been to the dealer and still need help, PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info.

Ashley

Well reading through all of the posts here I think I might be headed for some issues myself. I hope not, but once a week, maybe twice I'll head into the city (Toronto) and the rest of the time I'm doing short trips to get groceries, banking and whatever. It's the short trips issue that has me worried because I'll be doing them as well as perhaps having the car sit for two of three days outdoors.

I wouldnt worry about it too much. If it was a bigger issue we would be seeing a lot more complaints. When you do your trips, either make the furthest location first, or make it last so that it takes the longest time. This will give the car time to charge up the 12V battery. I have never had BS message in mine, but I also dont sit and listen to the radio with the car not running. I did that once in my 2010, had the radio going while detailing the car, found out it did not have a battery saver, and I killed the battery. I have an ihome now that I plug my iphone into instead when I am working on the cars.