MXGOLF

Software upgrade

I do believe the key to this is "training the car to be a hybrid". The car does learn your driving habits, and will store that information and only a hard reset will clear it. So drive like a moron and waste gas during its learning curve and it will always behave badly. (not saying you guys drive like morons:), but hopefully you get the drift). When I got my Flex, I drove it so lightly as if it were a Hybrid and now I can have fun with it and STILL get over 20 MPG. It amazes me how consistent it is, every tank save one has been over 20 MPG, the one below it was when I pulled my horse trailer with it. When I got the HyTi, again, drove it very gingerly, very hybrid like, and first trip from the dealer to my office, got over 47 MPG. Now, same trip I get over 50 MPG(did that just this morning, in the rain, after filling up, gas station is across the road from my dealer)

However, with that being said, not all cars will accomplish this even with a hard reset. That other car I had I did a full hard reset, where I unplugged everything for an entire weekend, and drove it like I drive my current one, gingerly, and trying every trick in the book, and it still didn't crack 34. The one thing about that car was the inconsistencies, I could drive the same route, the same day, the same way 4 times, and have 4 totally different results. Whether or not the update would have fixed it, dont know, dont care.

So hopefully this trick can fix them all, but if it doesn't, it just might be you got one like I had.

I was also getting 34mpg before and 38mpg after but here's what I have done since and I'm now getting 42 to 44 MPG.

1st change your spark plugs mine looked like they came out of a two stroke vary dirty and black .

2nd put 46psi in all 4 tires

3rd have them install the new fuel control module. your car may be leaking fuel ford don't want to admit it but that's what's happening on a lot of fusions

4th Disconnect the main battery and the HV battery the disconnect for the HV battery is fold down the rear back seat and there a flap on the floor behind the seat. and let the car sit 3hrs to over night if you can. This will clear all the cars old bad Sensors. I still think my cars battery and motor is only 80% of the newer cars. I bought mine in October last year. The dealer gave me a car to drive for 2 days and I was getting 48 MPG on the highway Way better than mine at the time was only 34mpg.

According to Ford, thats a normal plug. The ones they pulled out of mine were completely fouled, the center electrode was black.

• Hi, I bought my car, a dealer demo with 5800 miles on it Sept 10th. Before I took delivery on it, the dealer did the Software upgrade to the My Ford Touch, as well as, and I'm guessing to the Hybrid System. I have driven it over 1200 miles since, and my average MPG is 56.4. I'm guessing, from what I have read, that this will most probably go down some while driving in the dead of winter.

FYI: My commute to work is 136 miles round trip on a mostly flat highway, and secondary roads.

EV works well for me while driving about 65-70 MPH range.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your insane MPG. It'll definitely go down this winter but nobody will know by how much because almost everybody who drove one last winter was just breaking it in.

or had a broke one, LOL I am keeping optimistic that its will mirror the results of the 10 we had, 38-40.

If your plugs are really bad you might be able to get the dealer to change them under warranty. I believe on acdii's BD the dealer changed the plugs once under warranty.

They didnt have a choice, they were fouled so bad it set hard codes and ran like crap.

No, I haven't completed the hard re-set yet. I'm not yet convinced that really helps but I'm keeping an open mind as more people report their results. :)

For the 30 minutes it takes to do it, why not?