GrySql

Spare Tire for FFH with 18" Wheels/Tires

Just thought I'd do a little update for new FFH owners on the availability of the wheel/tire. I found the best price for the wheel on eBay. $128.22 with FREE shipping from seller "sunrisefordparts". Tire from Tirerack.com for $99 + a little over $13.00 for shipping to Vegas. It may be a little more or less to your location.

Before you go down that road check with your local auto salvage yards. Several of us found the entire spare tire kit for reasonable prices. I found mine (brand new condition) from a wrecked 2013 gas Fusion.

OK, I apparently ruffled some feathers and I certainly didn't mean to, so my apologies to anyone/everyone who felt offended by my remarks in any way, especially Texasota. My intent was to help not hurt. Herman, I would be interested to know how you found that stuff in Florida in the first place? Was it through eBay? Happy New Year to all!

No ruffled feathers at all. No worries.

In some older threads it was mentioned that if you are concerned about spare tire diameter not matching the stock wheel/tire and causing handling problems, then you could always mount the spare tire on the rear of the car. In the case where a front tire went flat simply move a stock rear wheel/tire to the front (to replace the flat) and then mount the donut spare on the rear. A little more work but tire failure is rare.