Osofast

Battery saver message

So, my BS message is back, my fusion sat for 4 days without being driven, I'm not really concerned right now.

Mine was replaced recently, the lock part would only work every so often. Works 100% now.

I just started getting the BS message this week. Happens when I start the car each morning, and at the end of the day when I head home. I drive 30 min to a hour each way so plenty of time to charge. I just tested the battery and 2.5 hours after parking it in a 55 deg F garage the battery is at 11.9v. Temps during the drives have been 20-60 F recently. My build date is 12/9/12, never had the TSB done or battery replaced. Of course I'm out of the bumper to bumper warranty due to 43k miles, but it would seem that battery issues would be covered by the powertrain warranty which is longer no? Anything specific I should tell them to do when I take it in?

Sucks that I've had a fairly trouble free car compared to many of you, but I've still been to the dealer more with this car then all other 5 I've owned in my life combined.

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that the battery is not covered under the Powertrain (5 year/60,000 miles.) The good news is, your vehicle’s unique hybrid / electric components are covered during the Hybrid / Electric Unique Component Coverage, which lasts for eight years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

• The following hybrid parts are covered during this extended coverage period: high-voltage battery, hybrid continuously variable transmission, Inverter System Controller (ISC), DC/DC converter, high-voltage battery connector, battery pack fan assembly, thermistor probe, Hybrid Battery Pack Sensor Module (HBPSM), Battery Energy Control Module (BECM), and the PHEV onboard charger.
And now for the bonus extra good news: I can set up a case and send it up to your customer service manager, who'll work with your dealer. Just send me a private message with your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. :D
Meagan

BTW the battery, if it falls into that serial number range to be replaced, should still be covered under the battery warranty, which is time based, not miles driven.

In conjunction with my dead car problem on my way south, I went to the Ford dealer in La Grande OR thinking it might just be the battery. According to their computer there was a new part number, so new he couldn't find a price for it , yet alone get one for 14 hours. While at AutoNation in Scottsdale yesterday, they replaced my 12v with the new part.

This is the new number they used

BXT99RT4

Maybe this will solve other owners' 12V problems.

Edited by airbusguy

I had a pair of Optima red tops in my F350 Diesel. I had let them discharge by not driving it, and they were completely dead, I mean DEAD. I put a charger on them that supported AGM, and after a few cycles at high amp(starter mode), I let the charger cook them for a few days, until eventually they started taking a charge. They both came back 100% and passed a load test. Twice! Damn good batteries and well worth the price for the right application.

I took my car to the shop today because of the BS message on the display almost every time I cut the car off. The LVB was replaced about a year ago at the same time the TSB for the D/C to D/C inverter controller was preformed. As stated earlier by someone else, the new update is not to keep the LVB charged at a higher rate, but instead, to lower the threshold for the BS message from the old 50% SOC to now only 30%. This is actually on a printout I received from the Ford dealer. I know from my old mechanic days that having a lead acid battery at a low SOC significantly degrades the life span of the battery. Is the LVB in our cars a different chemistry that the typical lead acid battery??? It would seam that the engineers who designed this system are treating the LVB as if it was a lithium ion battery also. Can someone PLEASE explain to me how this is a good idea ?