mrobinso8

Dead 12 Volt Battery - 2013 Fusion Hybrid

I hope they have these "Fixes" applied to all cars currently being built. WOuld suck to get mine and find they havent done so.

The "Batch" of bad batteries started in 2009 when they started making the FFH.

Edited by lolder

There were a lot of 12 vdc battery problems with the Gen. 1 FFH. Sitting on lots for months after manufacture was probably a factor but lots of vehicles do that. I think the FFH may have a larger residual battery load when "off" and it has a smaller battery. Once those OEM batteries were replaced, reliability was normal or better.

Never had a problem with the one in mine, I did run it down a few weeks ago, but a quick charge with my charger and its all OK once more. I guess it doesn't have a BS on it like I thought it did, and running the stereo like I did drained it more than I thought it would.

If it was a digital multimeter, 11.75 v. is DEAD ! You need to escalate your complaint up the Ford ladder as described in your manuals.

These 12 vdc batteries seem to be the weakest link of these Ford hybrids. I wonder if it's due to stratification or lack of stirring up of the electrolyte. They never have the several hundred amp starting currents that non-hybrids have or the subsequent high alternator charges afterwards. They need to do some engineering or quality control upgrades to the 12 vdc battery system.