GreatLakes

Cooling system stinks up car even in winter

Hi everyone,

I want to delve into this a bit more and see what can be done to help. If you're having this concern and your dealer hasn't been able to resolve it for you, PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info.

Ashley

Ashley, everyone on this Thread that has been to a Dealer has not had anything but a temporary fix, if that. Please, get some hard answers about this and if what we are smelling is a type of mold from moist air sitting in the system.

Mine has just starting to do this musty air thing and after reading the horror stories about the different things that have been attempted, the days without the car and then no resolution, I am going to wait until some logical remedy is available before I start a Dealer project over this. My Dealer is 60 miles away. I don't want to drive that far to have someone spray Renuzit in the system, pat me on the head and send me home.

I wish you luck.

GrySql,

I definitely understand your frustration about this, but I'm not a trained vehicle technician. Additionally, it is extremely difficult to speculate as to the cause of the odor without actually being there to smell it, which is why your dealer is the best option for diagnosing it. I'm happy to set up those having this concern with their regional customer service manager, so they can help facilitate the discussion with your dealer and get the ball rolling on this. I'll just need the info I asked for in my previous post. :)

Ashley

What the system needs is a method of killing off the mold spores in the system so they dont keep growing. A UV light would do the trick.

... Ashley, thank you for forwarding my complaint and helping to get me a Case number.

You're welcome, GrySql! Hope this gets resolved quickly. :)

Hi Everyone. Bought a brand new 2013 Ford Fusion in Ontario Canada. I love the car, but ever since I bought it I have noticed a strange smell that is coming from the vents when the heat is on. A/C does not produce this smell. It is not a mold smell, but a smell that is toxic. The car has 4000 miles on it now and its still there. ...
My car is not a Hybrid. Someone forwarded me here from another Fusion forum... and I am just extremely frustrated. I paid a lot of money for a car I love, but can't stand to drive!

Help!

DetroitFusion,

I'm happy to lend you a hand. Just PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. :)

Ashley

Next time clean the litter box before you put the cat in the car. :)

I had a Hyundai Veracruz, it was a really nice car, but not AWD and traded it for the AWD Flex. However I had left the tailgate open one day while doing something and one of the barn cats got in there and must have sprayed. I could not find where he did it, but man did it stink in there after a few weeks. I finally just washed everything, carpets, seats, floors, in between things you dont normally clean, and finally got the smell to dissipate. It didn't smell like cat pee though, but was not that nice of a smell, so who knows what he shot out his back end.

So what you are doing is to try helping others with the same problem to get it resolved through your arbitration? As far as you are concerned though, your Buyback and LL is done and over?