Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

New owner with a few ???

Hybrid battery

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 552 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:33 PM

This is not a plug-in hybrid is it? Non plug-ins only charge when the ICE is running or by regenerative braking. They hardly ever charge to 100%, usually around 50%.

<grin>  Yes, they do!  I can regularly get the HVB to 100% - especially in Winter.  My problem is that with the cold, the HVB rarely gets below 50% before the ICE kicks in and spoils things.  It's only in low-speed city driving I have a shot at getting a low charge on HVB.

TBH, I think it's the driving conditions that allow the HVB to charge up like that.  I'd still be somewhat concerned if I could NEVER get the HVB much higher than 50%.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 ONLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,541 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:20 AM

The car tries to maintain 50% so there is room to store energy from regenerative braking.  If the battery was at 100%, regenerative braking would not be possible.

#23 OFFLINE   ethermion

ethermion

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'01 Cougar
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:07 AM

Our FFH is my lovely bride's car, so I am not an expert.  But...  I have seen many times 100% charge.  Start out on a cold day, for example, and put on the heat, the ICE is gonna run to warm up to give you heat.  And, a by-product is that it charges the HVB, regardless of the HVB state of charge.

I dunno the HVB logic, but I have seen all over the place.  I would agree with previous observations that it "likes" about 50%.  But, "like" is not a marriage proposal.  Best not to neurous about it.

#24 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:38 AM

Also keep in mind that showing "full" on the graphic isn't really 100%.  I thought somebody on here once determined that the window you see on the graphic is really just between about 30% and 70%.

#25 OFFLINE   Beachcomber86

Beachcomber86

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 26 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2018

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:27 AM

Also keep in mind that showing "full" on the graphic isn't really 100%.  I thought somebody on here once determined that the window you see on the graphic is really just between about 30% and 70%.

Whatever it is, IT SUCKS!!!  There is no difference between the Hybrid and the Energi except for battery size and the plug in option.  I have yet to get anywhere close to sticker MPG either in town or on the highway.  Braking at 94%+ no more than 1 mph over speed limit, not running AC or heat.  

#26 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 758 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:47 PM

Whatever it is, IT SUCKS!!!  There is no difference between the Hybrid and the Energi except for battery size and the plug in option.  I have yet to get anywhere close to sticker MPG either in town or on the highway.  Braking at 94%+ no more than 1 mph over speed limit, not running AC or heat.  

So hard to tell on a forum whether the problem is with the car, the driver, or the conditions. Loan me your car for a week, and I'll give you a better assessment.
  • Timewellspent likes this

244968.png

#27 OFFLINE   Beachcomber86

Beachcomber86

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

So hard to tell on a forum whether the problem is with the car, the driver, or the conditions. Loan me your car for a week, and I'll give you a better assessment.

Nice try!  ;-)

#28 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 552 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:52 PM

Nice try!  ;-)

It was a fair effort.  But as has been stated by me before:  if the car is so dissatisfying, go back to dealer and get one you would like.  Seriously.  Because if you keep it, you have no reason to gripe except at yourself.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#29 OFFLINE   Beachcomber86

Beachcomber86

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 26 posts

Posted Today, 07:33 AM

It was a fair effort.  But as has been stated by me before:  if the car is so dissatisfying, go back to dealer and get one you would like.  Seriously.  Because if you keep it, you have no reason to gripe except at yourself.

Unfortunately, you don't get your money back because the car doesn't live up to the stated EPA numbers.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·