IraF

Version 3.8 available

She already posted earlier in this thread saying it should work.

Yeah, but it seems that for an awful lot of people, me included - it doesn't. Would be nice if she came back...

The site says my 2013 is up-to-date with version Gen2 - V3.6.2. For my wife's 2014, it's on Gen2 - V3.7.11, and the site indicates that an update, Gen2 - V3.8, is available. I downloaded the update and compared the files to those that IraF posted - same names, same file sizes. Based on hermans' and IraF's success, I'm now installing the update on my 2013.... My wife is out in her car, so I'll probably update that tomorrow.

Btw, Ford - crappy site and version control you have, but I love the car and the MPGs!!! ;)

Edited by md13ffhguy

Woop-Dee-Doooo! I have 3.8! Now what?? :drool: Applink for MFT???

Yeah, no.

But I'm sure I'll be able to take advantage of Easier entry of destinations for China!!! :drop: What a joke this "update" was!!

Hey everyone,

We are currently looking in to this; if you do not have V3.8 available, please send a PM with your VIN so that I can dig deeper.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. :)

Whitney

Now I wanna know. Is it worth it? Any important improvements besides "Easier entry of destinations for China"

For the 3.8 update, here's what my SYNC Software Update History screen on the website shows:

EA5T-14D544-AD

ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch® systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:

Siri® Eyes Free*:

Secure, simple phone pairing:

• Now iPhone users can use Siri® Eyes Free with SYNC® with MyFord Touch®. With simple voice commands, SYNC® with MyFord Touch® enables you to operate the iPhone and SYNC® together. Siri® Eyes Free can be activated by pressing and holding the voice button for at least 3 seconds.

Automatic reconnection:

• Phone pairing is now easier.
  • If your phone disconnects, SYNC® with MyFord Touch® will automatically reconnect it.

Easier entry of destinations for China:

• Now SYNC® with MyFord Touch® allows for easier entry of destinations.

*Feature requires compatible hardware.

Since it states, "includes all the improvements from previous updates", I think this also provides the 3.7 updates, which us 2013 owners did not get. Since my update history does not include 3.7, I went to the update history page for my wife's 2014, and it shows that 3.7.11 included:

EA5T-14D544-AB

ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE UPDATE

The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:

Language and Driving

• Language support for UK English, EU Spanish, EU French, German, EU Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Turkish, Swedish*, Polish*, and Australian English
  • Right-hand drive occupancy mode Navigation

Navigation

• Map content for Europe and Australia/New Zealand regions
  • Traffic Message Channel (TMC) Support (Europe and other markets)
  • Mute button added to Navigation map screen
  • Estimated Time of Arrival instead of Time to Destination now displayed on map screen
  • GPS Coordinate entry (Europe only)
  • Hazard spot warnings

Radio

• Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB)
  • Radio Data System (RDS) support

*Only graphical text is supported for these languages. UK voice prompts are only supported with these languages.

I'm assuming that by going from 3.6.2 to 3.8, you also get the 3.7.11 updates, since my screen now includes a mute button on the navigation screen when a route has been entered. This now means that I can mute the nav voice with one touch, vice the two touches it previously took... :drop: Overall, wholly disappointed in these updates. A few things have been fixed or improved, but no real feature have been added. I guess I was expecting something revolutionary, like Applink for MFT. Evidently, I set the bar too high.

Actually you now have a choice between Estimated Time of Arrival instead of Time to Destination now on map screen.

That's nice. I didn't take note of that, but I would definitely prefer ETA. I guess that will save me another touch! ;)

I submitted my information via a private message and got a reply that someone will escalate the problem and get back to me in 2-3 business days. I expect the answer to be that the update is not for 2013 cars and the announcement was in error. The next business day is next Tuesday.

In my experience updating computers and other hardware, if an update is not meant for a particular model/version, it will usually error out or will not install properly. Sometimes, it will even turn the hardware into a brick. Since the update actually did install for at least three of us with 2013s, I'd say the problem is more likely with the software on the website, when it indicates that no update is available. This is making me wonder if the 3.7 version would have worked on my 2013, if only I had been able to download it...

But in the end, the benefits of these updates are barely worth the time it takes to perform them. As a matter of fact, the very slight risk that something could possibly go wrong, may outweigh those benefits.

Yes, I'm a bit wound up this evening!!! :skateboard: :ohsnap: :rant2: :headspin: :censored: :angry22: :banghead: :whistling: Found more emojis, too!

Edited by md13ffhguy