Sign in to follow this  
acdii

Regen Braking Issue When Turning

The solution to the problem needs to come from Ford, the fact that you don't know what it is doesn't mean that Ford isn't working on it. The solution to not causing an accident is to press the brake harder.

I experience this "type" of thing (may be the exact same thing, may be a different issue, so I'll call it the same "type" of thing) almost every morning as I pull into the spot at my company's parking lot; does not seem to have anything to do with acceleration but instead something to do with regen/anti-lock or something related to the way the car reads the feedback from whatever sensors report the speed of each wheel, as it only happens to me when the wheel is turned more than slightly, like turning into parking space as noted above.

So dtw-dave does it seem like there is acceleration occurring, or a change in the way the braking is occurring where there seems to be a gap/lapse in the braking when you expect the braking resistance to be constant? That's what the feeling is for my car, that there's a temporary lapse in the braking resistance and if not prepared for it, the driver can be caught by surprise.

Like Waldo noted, it's probably something that engineers are already working, so if you submit the above to safercar.gov it probably wouldn't be the first time someone has.

Two steps forward, one back. Except in the case of FFH Gen1 vs, Gen 2 its the other way around. The brakes on Gen 1 are flawless. How can this happen?