Eddie Sessum

Mkz total system failure...

Speaking of high beams, I find that the auto high beams do not like cold weather. Must be some glitch in the camera. It has to "warm up" before it starts to function correctly.

Yep,, lane keep and auto highs are both in that area. I think there may be two cameras there, but I dont remember and mine is in the shop getting its butt rebuilt.

Maybe some fog/mist on the windshield inhibits those camera functions. I believe when the HVAC is in Auto, it defrosts/defogs automatically. It does in the 2010-12s.

My MKT does the same thing when its cold out, so more likely a hardware issue than anything else. Once the car warms up inside they work fine. The BD did it too. It just works erratic when its cold. It either turns them on and not go low when a car is coming, or doesn't turn them on at all. If you manually turn them on, it is supposed to dim when a car comes at you or is in front of you, some times it does, other times it wont, but only when its cold.

Isn't technology grand?