GrySql

iPhones, USB ports and Sync corruption

I can concur the iphone/sync issues with an iphone 5. When I first hooked it up to either the HyTI or the T, everything was fine, but as time goes on, I am noticing that it acts strange. When I make or receive a call, whatever was playing at the time of the call will continue to play on the phone when I hang up, but not through MFT, so its total silence. Sometimes I can re-sync it by pausing the phone then pausing MFT, then play on MFT and it works, while other times I have to disconnect the phone altogether and plug it back in. I also notice that sometimes it reindexes and no information is displayed on either screen and sometimes only on MFT.

Here's the kicker, it never did this in either car until the last IOS update was done. I dont think its MFT this time, I think its the IOS.

I dont talk to my car so can't tell you if there are any Sync issues, the only one I do know of is the playback problem. Oh and sometimes it will just stop playing through MFT but continues on the phone, I have to do the pause pause play thing to get it to play through MFT.

Sound quality over BT is no where near as good as USB. It sounds muddied, and loses its clarity since BT can only stream at a low bitrate where BT USB can stream at full bitrate the music playing is generated at. That and I use the USB to also keep the phone charged while streaming.

Edited by acdii