Sign in to follow this  
djminfll

Minor problems?

Nope. Well, mostly nope. :) And FYI, I would N E V E R buy a Toyota.

People get stuck on brands - my Prius was fine and still going strong at 210k, however my parents have had Toyota Sienna x 2, Corolla, and Venza - been to dealer many times for nuisances like the above, but they are still stuck on the Toyota-Quality paradigm - and I think the owner-reported-problem stats still back that up don't they?

But with all that said, Ford has done a 'good' job with the Fusion but not a 'great' job due to plenty of nitnoid things like the OPs above have noted. The driver seat lower cushion latches on my wife's Energi came undone a few months ago (how the heck does that happen?) and the seat was replaced, and then just this morning I noticed the same thing has now occurred on my Energi (so I guess a seat replacement is on the way for me too) -- so that moves me away from thinking 'fluke' to 'faulty design/materials'... so the Fusion model is nice and I would still recommend it to others, but does seem to show indications of 'mass production' and the inherent glitches in these little things.

I had 2 appliances in the past. For what they cost I was less than thrilled with the quality of materials. Nothing broken or that should be replaced, just everything felt Cheap. When I compared the 2010 Fusion to the 2009 Appliance, the material quality alone on the Fusion was much higher, and other than a hung caliper, they were both trouble free. Compae the material in the HyTi to the same year appliance, and the difference is clear, quality of material is still higher in the Ford. Now if only Ford can make the material stay together......