Howie411

Does this sound normal?

So I've noticed when I start my fusion lately, it is very noisey, almost sounds like a lawnmower. Here is a quick video I made - https://www.dropbox.com/s/eud3xkjabo984oa/VIDEO0010.mp4

When I had it in to the dealership last week they said it was normal, but I don't ever recall it being this loud. As an FYI this is when I used the remote start and hadn't gotten in the car yet.

If it is warm enough outside for the AC to come on, that is the AC compressor you are hearing. Its a loud SOB. I thought the one on my 2010 was going to crap, but found that they all make that noise since they are electrically driven. When I heard it on the 13, then I knew, they are just noisy.

And the feds want noise makers, humph, all they need is a Ford AC compressor.

In this car, only on the outside. In the 10, I was hearing it inside too.

I only hear it outside, but never used the remote start before in the summer (since the car isnt a year old yet) So I guess it is normal. I actually noticed the same noise on my wife's C-MAX the other day.

I don't think many compressors were ever very quiet. It's not their nature. You just didn't hear them as easily with an ICE running also. The Ford electric compressors are sometimes quite noisy outside. I don't hear it inside in my 2010.